Business Analyst Summary:
The Business Analyst works to understand business needs and processes and to act as a liaison between the Instruments business and the technical teams. The Business Analyst is responsible for building strong collaborative relationships with the Instruments teams with a specific focus on working cross functionally with the Information Services (IS) Business Analyst team members. They are responsible for understanding business processes and how they translate into stand IS platforms (SFDC & Windchill), eliciting and documenting requirements, and coordinating communication among various business groups and IS technical teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the Instruments Division teams and functional teams.
- Partner with business and technical teams to drive consensus on the best solution to business problems and the delivery of new solutions and enhancements.
- Work with a diverse business community to document as-is and to-be business processes.
- Document clear and testable requirements which describe a system which will be implemented.
- Recommend business process and system changes to improve efficiency and business outcomes.
- Ensure clear communication between business stakeholders and IS technical teams.
Education & Special Trainings:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Information systems, or equivalent preferred.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience is required.
- Experience with process mapping is required.
- Experience documenting complex processes and presenting them in a clear and understandable format is required.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and recommend changes to business processes is required.
- Experience working in an agency-regulated environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies is preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and PLM software like Windchill is preferred.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Demonstrated strong communication and relationship skills.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with business representatives at all levels to identify needs, define and document requirements, and drive solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed project requests or charters which include project objectives, success criteria, and requirements.
- Experience in identifying opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new process/policies.
- Demonstrated ability maintain clear communication channels with IT and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to convert complex business functions into technical specifications.