The Information Systems Analyst II analyzes, designs, and maintains software/systems, provides project management, to support the timely, efficient, and accurate delivery of services to providers, caregivers, and other internal users. The analyst continually monitors users’ needs and designs new, or modifies existing systems to meet changing requirements. The position is responsible for working with key stakeholders, for system-wide initiatives, gathering information about the existing system in order to determine the requirements for an enhanced or a new system, coordinating the development, testing and implementation of software, maintaining information systems, troubleshooting system issues and system upgrades.
· Serve as liaison between Information Systems and user departments to determine how best to support them through the effective use of technology
· Design, implement, upgrade and maintain software systems with a high degree of complexity
· Facilitate process improvements
· Coordinate custom programming, change management, and system optimization
· Resolve day to day problem issues and take on call as needed
· Must be able to track and perform multiple tasks
· Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to communicate effectively and lead workgroups
· Maintains ongoing changes in application configurations.
· Facilitates process improvements
· Acts as subject matter expert to design and implement system changes to improve processes.
· Coordinates the implementation of system changes with other affected groups.
· Bachelor's Degree
o 9 years prior experience in the same job could be accepted in lieu of a degree
· 5 years’ experience
- Experience supporting clinical imaging systems and workflows ( HL7 concepts, DICOM, PACS, VNA, HIS, RIS)
Preferred Job Requirements:
· Knowledge of healthcare and a Radiology Department workflow process is essential
· Radiology PACS experience is preferred
· Cerner experience is preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.