Engility Company is looking for an experienced and highly motivated IRRT Software Panel Engineer in our Los Angeles Air Force Base in El Segundo, CA. The Independent Readiness Review Team provides independent assessments of program risks and risk mitigation options to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) leadership for designated SMC launch vehicles, space vehicles, and ground control systems. The IRRT assesses technical risk and after Flight Readiness Review (FRR), the IRRT will provide the same mission success risk assessments to the Mission Director until one day prior to launch and provides input to space vehicle ship decisions and consent to fuel.
- Support the software panel by providing technical assistance in the area of space vehicles, control segment, and launch vehicle software. This includes technical evaluation and risk assessments of software development planning, requirements definition, design, and testing. Software reviews also include investigations to determine conformance to: lifecycle processes specified in the contract and the software documentation (internal and deliverable), iterative build verification and release, bi-directional traceability (from Operational Requirements Document [Capability Development Document/Capability Production Document] level thru system specification to the software unit level), and verification methods and levels as appropriate.
- Evaluate risk in the area of test and evaluation, to include system test procedures, test results, system and subsystem environmental tests, configuration management, ground support equipment (GSE), system checkout procedures, launch operations, orbital operations, software, system interfaces, post flight analysis, test range instrumentation support and planning, ground and flight safety, and security. Technical evaluations and risk assessments in the area of product assurance include quality assurance/manufacturing, reliability, parts/materials/ processes control, contamination/corrosion control, and a comparison of the adequacy of the product for performance and build quality against design disclosure and fleet norms.
- Provide Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS), including subject matter expertise (SME), in support of IRRT mission areas as directed in SMC-G-1201, SMC-G-1202, SMC-G-1203, and SMC-G-1204. Support IPTs in developing draft charts in support of Readiness Reviews described in those guides.
- Perform peer reviews as a member of the technical panel on space vehicles, control segments, and launch vehicles developed by SMC s prime contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Focus peer review on each phase of the software development life cycle.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Physical Science or Related Field
- Minimum 10+ years of strong demonstrated industry experience with space vehicles, control segment, and/or launch vehicle software
- Experience conducting technical evaluation and risk assessments of software development planning, requirements definition, design, and testing.
- Familiarity with SMC-G-1201, SMC-G-1202, SMC-G-1203, and SMC-G-1204.
- Experience working with each phase of the software development life cycle.
- Strong, proactive leader who has demonstrated experience leading a small team of people
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- Demonstrated experience in executing tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience with team leadership, and program/project management.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force and DoD contractors in a development environment
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance
- Travel less than 25%.
- Prior Air Force SMC program experience
- Space Vehicle Software Engineer/Architect (for GPS SV and/or AEHF SV):Ideal candidate shall have experience with one or more SMC satellite system(s) development programs.
- Experience with Lockheed Martin satellite bus flight software
- Software development/test and/or software engineering/architecture experience across the following areas:
- Spacecraft bus flight software development and test
- Use of or development of spacecraft modeling tools
- Software development and test, modeling and/or analysis experience to include (not necessarily limited to): spacecraft planning and tasking, spacecraft bus command and control, spacecraft bus telemetry processing, geolocation, estimation and calibration, spacecraft ephemeris generation, ground-to-spacecraft communications, spacecraft-to-spacecraft communications, spacecraft anomaly resolution, on-orbit testing and performance assessment