Description and Requirements
We're searching for a dedicated medical professional to join our mission of protecting human research subjects as an IRB Medical Board Chairperson.
Along with a competitive salary, we also provide a robust benefits package (medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401K and more). This is a full-time, salary position.
Provide the highest possible support to Western IRB's ethical review and research safety programs in areas and issues requiring medical training and judgment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Chair / Co-chair Board meetings to ensure client’s submitted clinical research protocols are compliance with federal and state laws as well as Western IRB policies and procedures.
- Facilitate discussion with other Board members. Provide scientific, ethical and regulatory support and advice.
- Analyze and present protocols and other agenda items at Board meetings to facilitate informed decision making. Set standards and role model effective presentation and discussion.
- Analyze research submissions, identify problems and issues, collect additional information or request corrections, and draft memorandums.
- Research, draft, and present reports to the Board on a wide range of topics, including but not limited to, investigator misconduct, site visits, FDA and sponsor audits of investigators and others, issues involving human subjects, sponsors, and institutions.
- Advise clients of applicable scientific information and regulations pertaining to human subject research, both orally and in writing.
- Analyze requests for exemption determinations and provide formal written opinions that proposed projects are exempt from the requirements for IRB review or do not require IRB review.
- Provide guidance to clients to help resolve scientific, ethical and regulatory issues and difficulties.
- Review literature and other materials to keep abreast of developments in the regulatory, legal, and ethical arenas.
- Able to Chair Board meeting and effectively present information to a diverse group of professionals
- Experience in clinical research, IRB, and/or similar medical ethics practices experience strongly desired
- Six or more years of related clinical experience and/or training, preferred
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Must not have been debarred or declared ineligible by any state or federal agency from participating in clinical research.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Windows.
- Our preference would be that the person selected will be close enough to one of our office locations, however other candidates will be considered. We have offices in Puyallup WA, San Diego CA, Cary NC and Needham MA.