The KYC Maker position is responsible for providing end-to-end support to Financial Professionals (FPs)/Relationship Managers (RMs) to meet KYC requirements at onboarding and at Periodic Review. This position will under no circumstances assist clients directly.
- Responsible to pre-fill the KYC profiles based on the documentation/information provided by the RM, including:
- RMC Section (member data);
- Running Client Screening Solution ("CSS") and Factiva (Adverse Media) searches, if applicable;
- Raising any open cases to KYC Risk Evaluation Management ("KYC REM") team and/or Global Screening Operations ("GSO") team, if applicable.
- Completing Call/Visit Report based on information provided by the RM; and
- Completing the AAM form and performing a comprehensive review of account activity.
- Remediating client record execution errors
- Reviewing and communicating with the RM/Maker throughout the submission process, including working with the RM/Maker if any portion of the KYC Profile is incomplete or rejected.
- The KYC Maker is also responsible for remediating any valid errors and/or observations identified during Quality Reviews of their cases and following the appropriate dispute process for any disputed errors and participate in any corrective action that requires their engagement.
- Escalating any potential, or material, AML or Sanctions risks discovered during on-boarding or maintenance of KYC Profiles to the RM, BUCO, Direct Manager, ACRM, and/or FIU.
- Assist Relationship Manager with the completion of both scheduled (i.e. Periodic Review) and unscheduled reviews (e.g. HRAC, AIRs, Significant Changes, Batch Screening, KYC Deficiency Feedback Loop).
- Provide fluent story relating customer source of wealth, source of funds, activity, and all other relevant information required by the IPB U.S. AML Procedures based on information provided by the Financial Professional.
- Provide constructive guidance to the Financial Professional to successfully apply the IPB U.S. AML Procedures during completion of KYC activities.
- Manage interaction with Financial Professionals and other staff members, as needed, in support of AML/KYC activities, maintaining a high level internal client service experience.
- Comply with service level standards to complete KYC activities and address rejections made by Checkers.
- Complete all required trainings pertaining to the function on a timely manner.
- Accomplish assigned tasks (including time sensitive tasks) within defined targets and adapt to changing priorities
- Minimum 5 years of Business experience in the Consumer and Commercial Banking industry and experience within a medium/large financial organization, including knowledge of banking products and different types of transactions.
- Proven success in a client-focused environment.
- Relevant work experience and understanding of global and local AML KYC regulations, associated risks of non-compliance and changing dynamics, and knowledge of KYC processes throughout the client lifecycle.
- Understanding of the interdependencies of roles within KYC process and requirements for KYC Record successful completion across relevant client types.
- Experience with regulatory compliance, AML transaction/risk monitoring tools, and solving AML related issues.
- Highly effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong time management and analytical skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Office user (i.e. Excel, Power Point)
- Understanding of Bank's policies and procedures.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Strong commitment to the business and team
- Bilingual – English and Mandarin/Cantonese
- Focused and driven attitude to support Sales with the Due Diligence process
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.