IP Engineer, Systems Engineer
The Systems Engineer is a professional-level job providingengineering and technical support to establishand maintain optimal performance of the Company's IP-based voice and data products and associated systems, to include supporting and administering routers, switches, servers, and related technologies;and monitoring, analyzing and correcting performance, as necessary, to ensure compliance with servicelevel agreements.
The Systems Engineer will ensure the stability, integrity and performance of voice, data, and wirelessdata based services and the IP/MPLS network core. This will be achieved through participating in theinstallation, monitoring, maintenance, support, troubleshooting a.nd optimization of all LANs, WANs, networksecurity services, communication links and associated hardware and software. As a member of a team that provides 24 x 7 x 365 operational infrastructuresupport, the Systems Engineer must be willing and capable of performing complex hands-on network provisioning and management activities. This role demands solid technical grounding as well as excellent organizational skills and discipline in order to effectively and efficiently maintain focus while successfully managing multiple parallel projects and activities.
Ability to perform the following:
- Install new hardware, systems, and software for network and system infrastructure.
- Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment and devices for core and/orcustomer solutions.
- Support administration of servers and server clusters.Manage all system backups and restoration protocols.
- Plan and supportnetwork and computing infrastructure.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of network and system infrastructure and associated systems.
- Document network problems and their resolutions for future reference.
- Monitor system performance and implement performance tuning. Manage user accounts, permissions, email, and anti-virus, anti-spam. Oversee software and networksecurity.
- Provide training instruction on platforms, equipment and related applications. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Direct and coordinate the efforts of lower-level Engineers within the workgroup.
- Serves as final point of escalation in the company.
- Subject Matter Expert is defined as being the last and final point of resolution and technical escalation for a technology or trouble issue.
Supervise workload, work assignments and scheduling within the group.
- Reviewand evaluate the employees under their supervision. Provide leadership, direction instruction, and assistance to assigned staff. Work with the group manager to set performance targets for staff and continually provide feedback regarding actual performance in comparison to targets. Provide guidance to correct off-target behavior and when appropriate, initiate disciplinary ·action.
- 6 years of experience leading to the ability to successfully lead aworkgroup and be a Subject Matter Expert in the following areas:
- Information processing principles, practices and demonstrated ingenuity in performingtroubleshooting and root cause analysis of complex cross-functional problems.
- Fundamental IP, routing and switching concepts.
- system administration
- Familiarity with a broad cross section of IP based systems and networking technologies.
- Ordering, provisioning, turn up and troubleshooting of telecommunicati ons circuits from CPEaccess lines to enterprise and core class lines (Metro-E, DS-3, OC-x etc.)
- theoretical knowledge and extensive hands on experience configuring, troubleshooti ng,optimizing and managing a relevant mix of following software, hardware, protocols andtechnologies:
- Core and enterprise-class routers, switches, networksecurity appliances, WAN accelerators, and intelligent port aggregators and taps.
- Access technologies, including dial, xDSL, TDM and carrier Ethernet Switching.
- MPLS .
- VPN and firewall technologies.
- Wireless data network technologies and infrastructure.
- Network services and user management applications (i.e. DNS, LDAP, email, RADIUS, etc.).
- Extensive experience with scripting and automating execution of configuration and data collection tasks, utilizing tools (Exped,RANCID, SNMP, etc.), shells (Bourne, bash, lorn, etc.), and languages (Perl, PHP, Python, etc.).
- Previous experience in Carrier and Service Provider organizations is strongly preferred.
- College diploma in the field of computer science, computer information systems, or computer engineering. Relevant experience could be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis. Experience
- Preferred Qualification: CCNA or equivalent
- Preferred Qualification: CCIE, JNCIE, CISSP, CCNP or equivalent network and or system certification.