We are currently seeking to hire a new junior associate for our IP Pharma practice group in Chicago. Our ideal candidate will have a biological or chemical science background, preferably with an advanced degree, who has been out of law school for 2 to 4 years (2015 to 2017 grad).
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Strong writing and oral communication skills, and an ability to learn new substantive legal topics as needed are required.
- Significant case management experience, preferably including involvement with joint defense groups.
- Knowledge of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Knowledge of the patent statutes, sections of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act relating to drug products, and corresponding regulations.
- Some Hatch-Waxman litigation experience.
Candidates for Associate positions must be able to provide effective and reliable legal services to clients and supervising attorneys.
Associates are routinely required to:
- Provide thorough factual and legal research and analysis in pleadings, memoranda, and other written documents;
- Draft pleadings and other case documents;
- Attend hearings and other case-related events;
- Assist in the preparation of taking and defending depositions;
- Working with technical experts to prepare reports and declarations;
- Manage matters from commencement to final resolution;
- Competently and professionally communicate with clients and supervising attorneys; and
- Complete tasks efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with Clients, Partners, Associate, and Support Staff;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team;
- Familiarity with and ability to prepare basic pleadings and other patent infringement litigation-related documents;
- Familiarity with applicable procedural rules and practices;
- Clear and effective drafting skills;
- Exceptional case management skills.
Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in Illinois.