We are seeking an experienced IP Administrator to lead our firm's IP staff and assist in continually improving our IP processes and technological initiatives. The IP Administrator will oversee all specialized support staff in our IP practice group, and directly supervise the firm's IP Support Manager and docketing staff.
The IP Administrator position is responsible for staying abreast of industry and technology trends and serving as a change agent to continually update our processes and systems so we are viewed as a “go to” firm for IP. This is achieved by ensuring the Firm’s IP systems and support structure are aligned to drive efficiency, promote client satisfaction, and mitigate risk for our valued clients and the Firm.
Location: Washington, D.C.; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL
- Partner with Practice Group Leader(s) to identify and establish IP strategies, assess opportunities to enhance systems and drive workflow efficiencies; work with practice group leadership, IT and others to implement appropriate changes.
- Stay abreast of any USPTO rule changes, practice standards, and risk management procedures.
- Develop, document, and ensure adherence to firm-wide IP practice group support standards, policies and procedures.
- Serve as subject matter expert, key contact and liaison with IT and practice group regarding docketing software application.
- Lead and develop strong IP support staff team; set direction; oversee staffing, recruiting, training and career development.
- Act as a role model for collaborative relationships with peers throughout the practice group.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ten or more years of progressive IP experience in a law firm or other professional services environment, with a minimum of eight years’ supervisory or management experiencerequired.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and IP experiencerequired.
- Deep understanding of USPTO practices and procedures, including e-filing, PAIR, TSDR
- Broad technical knowledge; specifically, with docketing and workflow automation software solutions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with personnel at all levels, including attorneys, staff and clients.
- Ability to identify issues and solve problems in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to challenge paradigms and develop innovative approaches and solutions to obtain results.
- Strong planning, organization and project management skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple projects concurrently, delegating tasks effectively/as needed.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and travel, as needed.
Job ID: 2304