The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of IP products and search tools and be an accomplished, sales professional who can effectively and assertively support and drive new business of assigned products and services within their territory.
The IP Account Executive will network and build key contacts and business relationships to initiate lead generation and drive preference for Reed Tech products and services and will work collaboratively across functions to best position and sell our products and achieve sales revenue objectives.
This is a field based sales position with territory comprised of states in the Northeastern United States. Candidate may be located in the northeast, in states other than New York.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- · 7-10 years of B2B sales experience preferably in the intellectual property industry. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of the Intellectual Property (IP) market and the patent process. Previous experience and knowledge of IP workflow is highly desired.
- · At least 5-10 years of successful hunting and cold calling sales experience.
- · Proven ability to sell complex products to new customer prospects
- · Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills
- · Experience in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is a plus.
- · Experience working as a patent attorney / patent agent, within a patent law firm, or within a corporate legal department dealing with patents is a plus
- · Understanding and expertise in computer hardware and software including but not limited to: Windows, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, contact management, Sales force automation tools / CRMs,, the Internet other sales metrics and reporting tools.
- · Up to 50% travel required.