Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Smart Products & IoT Technology Team Manager to work within the Smart Products & IoT Strategic CoE (Center of Expertise) and the Filtration Solutions SBU (Strategic Busines Unit) Engineering & Technology Leadership Team. In this role, the Smart Products & IoT Technology Team Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing the design and rapid development of Smart products and IoT solutions from the device up through cloud architecture and apps. The individual must possess creative talents to derive new value opportunities and revenue streams from such products and solutions as well as from the collected data. The individual must be a natural leader with the ability and drive required to complete projects that meet or exceed customer expectations and delivery timeframes. This role reports to the SBU Global Technology Leader as well as the CoE Leader. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop the Smart Products & IoT Technology Team within the SBU.
- Technical responsibility for successful execution of SBU-focused projects aimed at developing Smart products and IoT solutions; such projects/products include fully developed commercial products, minimum viable products, rapid prototypes and proof-of-concepts. Ensure these projects follow the appropriate standard process used at Pentair (such as 3D and Rapid3D).
- Provide technical leadership and collaborate with Pentair-wide technical resources to address the complete Smart products and IoT solutionstechnologystack
- Hardware/Device Layer
- Web and Mobile App Development
- Retrofit and/or Embedded Technology Development
- Sensor Selection and Interface
- Device Firmware Development
- Logic and Control Software Development
- Connectivity Layer; Hardware & Firmware
- Cloud Servier Side Architecture
- Data Ingestion
- Device Virtualization
- Data Collection
- Data Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Coordinate with CoE Leader to ensure alignment and prioritize allocation of global CoE resources as well as third-party resources to supplement SBU technology team and accelerate project execution.
- Collaborate with peers in similar roles in other SBUs to form IoT subject-matter expert committees that are responsible for establishing long-term IoT technical roadmaps, staying up to speed on industry standards & technology trends, guiding company-wide technical decisions, developing company-wide technical standards & guidelines, and evaluating & selecting vendors.
- Partner with SBU Product Management and Marketing leadership to identify, prioritize, and develop the Smart Products & IoT solutions; collaborate with this leadership to develop product roadmaps, identify new value propositions, new revenue opportunities & alternate business models, and create truly innovative and differentiated offerings.
- Direct the testing, validation, sustaining, value engineering, and DevOps required for these Smart Products & IoT solutions.
- Collaborate with other functions such as sourcing, operations, customer support, etc. to ensure on-time product launches as well as post-launch support.
- Participate in talent development activities, succession planning, talent risk mitigation, and performance management for the SBU technology team.
- Maintain and monitor the team’s capacity levels and resource needs. Utilize performance metrics for all areas of direct responsibility to maintain alignment of team performance and company goals.
- Maintain budgetary control for the technology team.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related Engineering discipline; Master’s degreepreferred.
- 5+ years experience in product development and/or project management including 3+ years experience in the Smart Products & IoT area.
- 3+ years experience in managing an IoT technology team.
- Experience in collaborating with global technology teams is a plus.
- Deep technical knowledge in one or more areas: embedded hardware and software, connectivity, cloud architecture, visualization tools & techniques, data analytics, and other IoT technical areas.
- Exposure and knowledge of Amazon Web Service Infrastructure and Platform as a Service tools is a plus.
- Experience in working with IoT vendors / third party service providers is a plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time to other Pentair sites and customer locations. Travel will both domestic and international
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.