Req # : 243205BR Job Summary
The IoT Business Development Manager is a sales professional that actively prospects for new business relationships that drive revenue for Sprint. Responsible for working with companies to implement new business initiatives to drive strategic revenue in the IoT space. Manages a small base of customers that they sell, mainly marketing Sprint IoT services to new customers. Responsible for opportunity and account planning to identify new opportunities, managing their sales funnel, accurately forecasting their business, and closing new business. Collaborates with customer executives, strategic partners, and internal Sprint resources to develop IoT solutions that can be marketed to companies that are involved in the expanding IoT market.
The IoT Sales Specialist will be responsible for working with Enterprise customers and Sprint sales teams to solve business problems through IoT solution selling and connecting products. The role requires a consultative selling approach with experience in deal negotiation up to the C-level. This role includes driving the strategy and managing the entire sales cycle – from identifying the right solutions or partnerships and building a competitive value proposition to negotiating through close.Must have valid driver's license; three consecutive years of active driving history, successfully complete driver's safety training, and otherwise comply with Sprint's Driver Safety Policy and guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience (twelve years work related post high school).
- Five years of business to business sales experience with high tech sales.
- Two years of selling complex Machine to Machine services as lead salesperson or customer facing solutions engineer, specifically focused on new logos or pure prospects.
- Technologically proficient in IoT related Industry.
- Demonstrated success of meeting and exceeded sales targets and sales leadership.
- Solid business acumen
- Solid presentation skills.
- Strong executive presence.
- Business/Technology degree.
- Five years' experience in complex solutions/applications.
- Five years' experience with negotiating and closing large multiyear complex deals.
- Combination of ten years' sales and customer facing engineering experience.