Manager – IoT Partnerships Rheem has embarked on an exciting journey to provide intelligent and connected water heaters, air conditioners, pool heaters and refrigeration appliances. These products offer unique benefits including energy management, water conservation, predictive appliance health, and integration with popular IoT products from brands such as Amazon, Nest, and Google. The Manager – IoT Partnerships is responsible for creating, negotiating, delivering, and managing high impact partnerships which support Rheem’s IoT vision and roadmap. They will develop and execute a strategy capable of supporting the goals of each of Rheem division across both residential and commercial product lines. They will lead a cross functional team responsible for defining and delivering associated user experiences, training, marketing, sales, and customer service plans required to maximize market impact for both retail and wholesale distribution. In addition to managing Rheem’s existing IoT relationships this person will continuously explore new opportunities in other industries such as Electric & Gas utilities, Property Insurers, Communication & Sensing Technologies, and others as relevant. Qualified candidates will be highly self-motivated, with strong networking skills, and able to lead project teams through detailed planning and execution steps necessary to deliver. This will be a highly visible and strategic role, which regularly reports progress directly to senior executives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Identify high value partners whose business plans and technology closely align with the Rheem roadmap
- Create and maintain associated introduction and pitch materials
- Create negotiating strategies and positions by studying product, distribution, and marketing opportunities of potential partners with Rheem strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals
- Develop, negotiate, and close partnership deals by coordinating requirements, developing contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Lead Rheem and partner stakeholders in the definition and delivery of detailed execution plans required to bring the partnership to market including but not limited to areas such as engineering, marketing, sales & promotions
- Manage ongoing partner relationships serving as their primary point of contact and advocate in Rheem planning, design, and ongoing operations
- Evangelize Rheem IoT benefits and opportunities at industry and partner sector trade shows, conferences, conventions, and press events
- Create, maintain, and present detailed progress and performance measurement reports for executive leadership team
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Business or Marketing.
- 10+ Years Experience in Product Management, Marketing, Sales, & Engineering related fields
- 5+ Years Professional experience with IoT technologies & products
- 3+ Year Project managing software systems integration projects
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a matrixed environment.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Strong customer facing and presentation skills
- Ability to lead across functions and divisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and computer skills
- Experience with Home Insurance and/or Utility Sectors a plus
- Extensive contacts in Home Automation, Utility, or Home Insurance sectors a plus
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Self-motivated and self-directed. Able to work independently while hitting delivery dates
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Comfortable operating in matrixed and lightweight process environment
- Ability to travel up to 20-35%.