IoT Field Application Engineer - North America
The IoT Applications Engineer will be part of Richardson RFPD’s global engineering team and will be responsible for assisting our design centers in Geneva, IL and Denver, CO in developing evaluation platforms and applications solutions for our IoT customers. These solutions will include industrial sensors, connectivity hardware, application software and cloud services. Working in conjunction with the technical marketing and sales team, the IoT Applications engineer will also act as technical advisor and proactively assist customers with technical issues that may arise with their IoT solution implementation.
• Has an advanced understanding of the customer’s needs and will leverage Richardson RFPD’s engineering and design services resources to identify & facilitate IoT solutions for customers.
• Responsible for architecting and developing solution specifications, a preliminary feasibility assessment and the engineering execution. The IoT applications engineer will work closely with Richardson RFPD’s engineering team as well as third-party design support entities to ensure successful completion of these projects.
• Develop and conduct preliminary use-case testing of IoT hardware and software, device management software for wireless connectivity, perform on-site demonstrations and enable solution integration in customer’s product.
• Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions. Organize engineering customer events and participate in trade shows representing Richardson RFPD as the technical subject matter expert.
• Attend supplier product trainings in person or via conference calls and keep abreast of emerging new technology by participating in industry workshops and seminars.
? BSEE or related engineering degree and 5+ years of wireless engineering experience in the following fields: RF, embedded software and equipment manufacturing process.
? Familiarity with IoT concepts and solution design, good understanding and hands-on project experience with relevant industry technology, including cellular (GSM, CDMA, HSPA, LTE), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee and GNSS.
? Experience with hardware simulation tools, PCB layout and manufacturing processes. Experience with Linux programing is a plus.
? Familiarity with emerging IoT and 5G technologies.
? Strong technical presentation and analytical skills.
? Traveling required20-25% of the time.