Position Title – WRTPBIE082017
IoT Engineer – (Full Stack) - Microservices – REST API’s - Cloud - Framingham, MA Area – $$ Open
Excellent Compensation Package – Base + Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
Local candidates Only - No Contractors/Consultants Please
Large, successful, and growing Massachusetts based Electronics Firm with market leading products that help change people’s lives – Excellent culture – Outstanding benefits - Lots of Upside – Join other exceptional people and help create & deliver premiere products.
As an IoT Engineer you will work to build the IoT section of our Cloud Platform. The ideal candidate has lived in the fast-paced world of cloud-scale web services and understands distributed processing.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Join a team of highly skilled Microservice and systems developers
· Build consumer-scale, high-performance cloud services that implement IoT functionality such as device identification, secure device messaging, secure device software update, and device telemetry and diagnostics.
· Collaborate with product and application development teams on IoT system requirements
· Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks.
· Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, and understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques and tools.
· Work withother software leads on developing testing processes and frameworks
· Document the work you do, especially APIs that you create
Required Skills and Competencies:
· 6 or more years working in software development
· 3+ years working on distributed systems software
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent - Preferred: Master's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
· Knowledge of dynamic server coding environments such as Python, Ruby, or NodeJS
· Hands on experience using and developing REST APIs
· Familiarity with identity systems such as FreeIPA or KeyCloak
· Cloud-based distributed application scaling and/or data processing in the cloud
· Code development in an Agile environment
· Understanding and use of APIs in large-scale distributed systems
Highly desirable but not required skills include:
· Experience with cloud computing APIs (Amazon Web Services preferred)
· Familiarity with Advanced Database Management Systems
· Experience with identity frameworks such as OAuth
· Familiarity with messaging systems (RabbitMQ, MQTT, ZeroMQ)