Increasing availability and adoption of connected devices represents an emerging opportunity for insurers to utilize data in new ways. The Hartford is creating a new innovation team, wholly dedicated to designing, testing and launching new value-added services for customers driven by connected devices. Expected benefits for The Hartford include improved insurance distribution, customer retention, risk prevention, risk selection, and pricing. The IoT Lab will be tasked with exploring opportunities across Personal Lines, Small Business, Middle Market Commercial, Construction and Marine segments.
The IoT Data Strategy and Analytics Lead will be a visionary thinker and broad data athlete who is passionate about discovering unique insights from unconventional and complex data sets. IoT Data Strategy and Analytics Lead will orchestrate development of the data strategy, environment, and toolkit for IoT data as well as oversee the delivery of data-driven insights and incorporate them into differentiated customer products and services.
The IoT Innovation Lab will create new customer value in the form of new data-driven products and services and determine how The Hartford can capture and use IoT data to improve business performance. This dedicated team will establish new revenue sources for The Hartford including fee-based income from new service offerings and additional premium by embedding insurance into complementary products and services.
- Create and own the end-to-end IoT data strategy including data acquisition, integration, matching, engineering, storage and extraction of insights (analytics)
- Coordinate with enterprise data office, data science, IT and vendors to operationalize the foundational capabilities underlying the data strategy and needed to ingest IoT data and derive insights
- Leverage appropriate tools and methodologies to develop analytical insights from IoT data both independently and in conjunction with The Hartford's data (e.g., loss experience)
- Coordinate with data science, product, underwriting, and vendors as necessary to create algorithms and engines that integrate IoT data into pricing and risk selection
- Help refine data-supported sales story (pitch/value prop positioning) for new customer offerings
- Use analysis of The Hartford's data to prioritize opportunities and inform business case benefits
- Measure outcomes of test and learn experiments to inform path forward for the Lab and to deliver valuable insights tocore business operations
This position is located in Hartford, CT and may require travel up to 10%.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Analytics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with data strategies, systems, software, security/privacy issues, data table formats, and new AI/ML/NLP algorithms, etc.
- Proven ability to lead transformation initiatives.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Team-player with demonstrated experience partnering with Business Intelligence, Analytical, Actuarial, &/or Data Science communities.
- History of leveraging data into new underwriting and pricing approaches.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with senior management.
- Effective communication of data strategies and how to impact and influence others
- Relationship management, execution & delivery
- Results oriented with the demonstrated ability to apply strategic and decisive problem solving skills in ambiguous situations.
- Proven ability to simplify complex analytical output and technology to business stakeholders.
- P&C Insurance experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
IoT Data Strategy and Analytics Lead - 1804050