iOS Software Engineer, Mobile Applications
Less than 5 years experience • Information Services
At Google, we care deeply about our iOS users, and we develop for iOS as enthusiastically as we do for Android. We strive to enable users on any platform to access Google products and services — from mainstays like Maps, Search, and YouTube to cutting-edge projects like Translate, Photos, and Google Now — in the best possible way. And we solve problems at Google's unique scale, bringing large data to small devices and crafting elegant user experiences.
As an iOS software engineer, you’ll get to work on products that help millions of people around the world, and collaborate with other passionate mobile developers to bring the most delightful and useful services and apps to life. You should be comfortable with Objective-C and have extensive knowledge of iOS development techniques and practices.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design and implement new user-facing features in Google’s large, complex mobile applications.
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support authentication, copresence, and cutting-edge network protocols.
- Optimize mobile applications on the iOS platform.
- Develop prototypes quickly.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Software development experience in Objective-C or Swift using iOS or OS X frameworks
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including software development experience, or 1 year of relevant work experience with a PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Comfortable with Objective-C or Swift and have extensive knowledge of iOS development techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of the iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.