With billions of messages typed everyday, the iOS keyboard is among the most frequently used software applications on the planet. Our team is responsible for autocorrection, prediction and other intelligent keyboard features. We’re looking for an exceptional software engineer who first and foremost wants to make a positive impact on our user’s typing experience. You will contribute to new features as well as quality and performance improvements to our software stack.
- Solid understanding of algorithm design and data structures
- Strong programming skills utilizing Objective-C, C, C++ with at least 5 years experience
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Ability to diagnose performance, memory, and other issues by digging into lower levels of the stack and leveraging our internal diagnostic tools (e.g., Instruments)
You will be responsible for innovation, as well as design, implementation and delivery of features for a number of backend keyboard frameworks. You will collaborate with other iOS application and framework teams including Natural Language Processing and Proactive Siri Intelligence. You will contribute to our efforts to improve our testing and data collection infrastructure so that we can build new features on top of a continually improving code foundation.
BS in Computer Science or related field, preferred.
Experience with Bayesian statistics, Natural Language Processing, or Machine Learning is a plus.