About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
More About the Role
We are looking for an iOS Engineer to join our team and help us continue to take our mobile experience to the next level. Our iOS team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing products.
Innovation, research, architecture, and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you're excited to work on a product that is changing the way food delivery is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Impact You Will Make
- Design, implement, deliver, and test features in our iOS application while understanding our products from both a technical and business perspective
- Communicate with designers, product owners, and other engineers to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Creatively solve complex technical problems for our Grubhub and Seamless brands
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we’ll need your help to do that
What You Bring to the Table
- 3+ years of practical experience in iOS product development
- Experience working closely with multiple teams from product, design, and other engineering teams
- A history of building software with teams—you enjoy brainstorming solutions and communicating technical ideas and issues with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- An understanding of best practices for networking, concurrency, and UI development—you understand Cocoa design patterns
- Experience and a good understanding of app performance and debugging techniques
- Strong computer science fundamentals from a college degree in Computer Science, a related field of study, or equivalent experience
Got These? Even Better
- e-Commerce experience.
- Experience building and/or working with reusable frameworks in Swift
- Attends or organizes local iOS or developer Meetups
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.