At eBay, you will be part of a purpose driven community dedicated to creating an ambitious and versatile work environment. In eBay Identity, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage and inventiveness - creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your career to the next level, we want to talk with you.
eBay is looking for an iOS Software Engineer who is passionate about creating apps consumers love. This is an amazing opportunity to join the mobile Identity engineering team of a world leader in commerce and directly impact the lives of a global population.
Join our tightly-knit team of engineers who enjoy working on large-scale, challenging and interesting problems. We work in small, focused, collaborative project teams following an agile methodology.
Multi-functional teams including product management, product development, and UX design, work daily to build a successful product that delights our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related experience, with 2+ years of experience in building IOS Applications.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Strong know-how in object-oriented software design and design patterns
- Strong iOS programming skills. Deep understanding of the iOS SDK, Objective-C, and Swift.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and emerging technologies
- Writing clean, simple, and tested code to support new product features.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Collaborate with colleagues in San Jose (Occasional travel required).
- Participate in sprint meetings, code reviews, UI design reviews and other feature related meetings.
- Evangelize, mentor, and promote mobile development standard methodologies throughout the company
- Provide scope on proposed features and bug fixes. This includes estimation of effort, risk identification and mitigation, possible alternate solutions.
Soft & Interpersonal Skills
- Highly collaborative mindset, an excellent teammate
- Focus and attention on the end user customer experience
- Self-learner: has a constant interest in learning new things and independently seeks areas of improvement for personal growth
- Strong communication skills both oral and in writing
- Prioritize well in a multi-project environment
- Analytical mindset and forward-thinking observer
- Effective negotiator with other teams/functions
- Sound approach to risk management