iOS/Mac Power Automation Engineer
- Job Number: 56884171
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 29-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Apple has a world-class reputation for product quality and we need your help to keep those high standards for Mac battery life. We're looking for critical thinkers who would like to play a key role in our engineering process, working in a fast-paced environment across a range of technologies to help us ensure all of our iOS/ devices and Macs have best-of-class battery life.
- Excellent understanding and application of a scripting language such as Python
- Solid knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++, Objective C, Swift, C# or Java
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- System level knowledge on software and hardware is preferred
- Experience with power testing is strongly preferred
Responsibilities include designing test cases, implementing automation framework and test scripts, writing analysis tools, deploying test devices, running tests, analyzing test results, debugging/troubleshooting battery life issues, and helping us find areas where we can improve battery life. Successful candidates will have excellent organizational and communication skills -- you'll be running many different tests at a time across many different scenarios and need to keep careful track of the results -- as well as the creativity and initiative to help us proactively discover battery life issues or areas for improvement.
BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent