At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We are looking to add highly motivated skilled engineers to our team to help us scale and take our proven system to new heights.
As an iOS Engineer II at WHOOP, you will help us build and improve our performance using the latest tools and services. We handle massive amounts of data continuously streaming up to the cloud from everyday people improving their health and wellness to the world’s greatest sports teams and athletes mandating a fault-tolerant and highly available system.
On WHOOP’s Gamification Team, you will work with your teammates to enable members to discover, socialize, and inspire like-minded athletes on our platform. You will help grow and retain the member base of WHOOP by owning high impact features that drive engagement with the platform. You will participate in the technical direction and influence features alongside product management, design, and members of the leadership team.
- Work collaboratively in a business growth environment with a product and technical vision
- Contribute to the iOS application with the opportunity to set best practices and increase usability for users and developers alike
- Communicate effectively with immediate and external team members
- Own the community experience on iOS with a strong product and member value focus
- Present solutions and frameworks for the betterment of the team to other software teams
- Experience in building, testing, debugging, and delivering iOS apps in a professional environment
- Experience with Swift, Objective-C and iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Grand Central Dispatch, etc
- Experience developing libraries/frameworks and tooling that is used by other developers
- Excellent knowledge of Xcode, Fastlane, CocoaPods, and debug tooling
- Experience communicating with a RESTful backend
- Experience using best-practice mobile architecture and modular design, including patterns such as MVVM, Protocol Oriented Programming.
- Competency in multi-threading, and experience with performance and memory profiling.
- Knowledge of layouts, views and other iOS UI concepts especially pertaining to Apple Design Guidelines.
- Firm belief that automated testing is important and experience writing both Unit and UI tests.
- Product minded engineer with empathy for the customer experience
- Willingness to learn and grow rapidly across iOS and external systems