Top Hat is used and adored by over 750 universities and over 2 million students worldwide.
As we set our sights on increasing adoption of our products to all 4000+ post-secondary institutions in North America, we need to grow our Engineering team. We need Senior Android Developers who can stay ahead of the curve for feature and services development, and user experience.
As a key member of our growing Mobile team you will:
Innovate. Contribute ideas to design and planning discussions. Implement new features in the Top Hat phone and tablet apps. Provide solutions to exciting new challenges.
Work closely with our design and backend teams to help bring beautiful, usable and fast mobile designs to life (Our backend is a REST API built with Django, with Node.js for realtime. Everything runs in a high-availability setup on AWS, with MySQL.)
Improve. Maintain and improve the iOS native application, one of our key platforms used by over a million students. Improve application performance and reliability.
Where are you right now?
You are developing iOS native apps right now. You love what you do but you are seeking more professional and personal satisfaction. You want to join a fast growing company with purpose where you can see the difference your work is making. You are also looking to make a major contribution to direction-setting decisions as part of a senior development team.
Some of the reasons we attract great people:
- We are tackling interesting technology challenges such as real time messaging to thousands of clients with guaranteed delivery in difficult networking environments.
- The impact you will make extends beyond just the success of the company but the prosperity of the education environment.
- We work in a collaborative team-oriented atmosphere where our developers can be found dealing with an issue or pairing up to work on a tricky piece of code.
- We have a very good business and strong revenue growth. You will be exposed to all-aspects of a business past start-up mode and scaling quickly.
- We are just the right size. Top Hat isn't a megacorp nor are we a small cowboy shop. We are just the right size for individuals that want stability but don't want to be a number.
- We offer mentorship and meaningful work. Leadership opportunities. Whether it's leading people, products or projects, our growth translates into new positions for those that are motivated.
What you will bring to Top Hat:
- The right combination of education and experience. Preferably, a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technology related field is ideal as well as some experience developing mobile applications.
- Current iOS development technologies and tools
- Mobile network programming (client-server)
- Automated unit and integration testing
- REST APIs