As an iOS Developer, your role contributes to the development of world-class digital products and experiences on the iOS platform that touch millions of Scotiabank customers every day and contributes to the overall success of the Digital Banking Unit in Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
Is this role right for you?
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Work with product owners and business system analysts to refine ticket requirements in JIRA and Confluence, review pull requests, and implement documented designs
- Develop high-quality code by reviewing work with designer and product owners and resolving any issues quality assurance testers
- Collaborate closely with a team of iOS, Android, and backend developers to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank’s flagship mobile app
- Adheres to and demonstrates good coding conventions and best practices, and helps to maintain the architecture of the project
- Stays on top of reviewing others’ code, actively contributing suggestions and catching potential issues
- Always works to balance user experience, performance (client and backend), and security
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- 3 or more years of iOS development (conceptualization, design, and development), including experience with Swift 5 and XCTest
- Strong knowledge of UIKit, Auto Layout, and building interfaces programmatically
- Familiarity with different software design patterns, with some experience providing hands-on architectural design for native iOS apps
- Good knowledge of iOS design best practices and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines. Willing and able to provide designers with constructive feedback
- Bonus points for knowledge of and experience with Combine and SwiftUI
- Experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs
- Experience with tools such as: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Comfortable working on a large-scale product as part of a large and complex enterprise, with both new technologies and building on top of legacy systems