Our Corporate Systems team is seeking a full stack engineer to help develop a mobile solution to support our workforce that is becoming more dependent on mobile solutions to improve productivity and effectiveness of their teams.
As a member of this team you’ll be responsible for helping create a more effective mobile workforce. You will work in the Traveler’s Innovation Center (TIC) and have an opportunity to work with and learn from other teams that are taking Travelers technical innovation to the next level. You’re a quick learner and are excited to learn and apply new technologies. You believe in test driven development & paired programming.
You enjoy working in a fast paced agile environment, and love developing products and believe quality and customer experience is extremely important.
We are currently building a native iOS app that allows our mobile workforce process approvals that will increase productivity. Your experience with Swift3, Java Spring and Cloud Technologies will help you get up to speed quickly.
This is a versatile position and your 5+ years of experience and proven track record learning and applying new technologies that solve emerging business challenges in new and creative ways is critical to our success.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with engineers, designer and product manager to develop features to support the approvals application
- Use Paired programming practices and collaborate with other engineers on features & fixes
- Leverage test driven development practices to ensure application quality
- Partner with other application teams to understand integration points
- Develop understanding of host system approval processes
- Able to negotiate with designer and product manager on feature design based on technical complexity and business value
- Support team’s DevOps practices
- Partner with other technical areas/teams to address issues and learn new practices that can add value to the My Approvals Application
- Develop clear understanding of application technical stack and understanding how application components work together
- Partner with engineering team to develop repeatable development patterns
- Participate in team iteration planning meetings and retrospectives
- Support key IT initiatives of Connected Workforce, Cloud Ready and Right Speed IT
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of programming/development experiencerequired.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred. 6 years of programming/development experiencepreferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Technical Knowledge: Able to expertly assess, design develop, and support applications, systems and solutions to achieve business and/or technical requirements. Demonstrates technical expertise for multiple languages, applications, systems, technologies, and/or frameworks, and has the ability to influence technical direction or defect resolution. Fully understands business applications and/or technical system environments in which the system operates.