Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 103 days ago
Evaluates and Resolves Customer Equipment Issues:
• Ensures customer satisfaction through excellence in repair and support of customers’ products.
• Maintains communication with customer to ensure understanding of status, cost, and timing of all aspects of the service event.
• Provides courteous and knowledgeable response to technical issues, meeting commitments in a timely manner.
• Serves as a customer advocate and ensures that technical issues are resolved in a timely manner
• Manages escalation of unresolved technical issues to Technical Support.
• Adheres to Thermo Fisher Scientific protocols, consistencies and procedures.
Performs Installations, Customer Training and Maintenance:
• Performs technical diagnosis of operational problems and repairs/calibrations on wide range of laboratory equipment to ensure that the equipment is operating to the customer’s complete satisfaction and manufacture specifications. May include running the necessary experiments and/or coordinate among the in-house and outside experts to reach a resolution.
• In addition to training end users and distributors, serves as a source of technical product knowledge and trains, as required, other service engineers and provides supervision as required in the course of this duty.
• Performs technical evaluations on product changes and on new products, including software verification, collection of performance data, assessment of user friendliness, ease of maintenance, etc. Provide written reports on evaluations.
• Assists with customer training by preparing instruments and supplies as well as giving presentations.
Manages Internal Processes:
• Enters various types of data (i.e. service log, invoicing, knowledge retention, etc.) into computer system.
• Participates in depot repairs via equipment repairs, training, etc. (may be on a rotational basis).
• Supports the Quality System and Quality Policy by following procedures/work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of the Quality System Regulation and ISO registration.
• Assists Accounts Receivable Department in collecting past due invoices.
• Assists in the development of manuals and technical information.
• Maintains spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment.
• Maintains records of all service events per organizational policy.
• Promotes and sells various types of extended warranty/PM contracts on equipment, user training, and Service Replacement Orders.
• Advises sales representatives of potential selling opportunities within accounts.
• Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical and optical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory environment.
* Experience with one or all Thermo Fisher ICP/TIMS instruments (Elements2, Titron, Neptune)
• Ability to read, interpret and analyze component layout drawings, schematics, assembly drawings, wiring and labeling diagrams.
• Strong communication skills in all delivery methods
• Ability to prioritize service requirements (service calls, installations, and escalations) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements.
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
• Independently resolve difficult customer satisfaction issues.
• Customer/business-oriented (satisfaction.)
• Detailed understanding of service.
• Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
• Must have a record of safe and competent driving as demonstrated on state Motor Vehicle Records, and must not have a current license suspension or revocation.
• Physical Activities: Stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Ability to drive for extended hours to scheduled locations
• Level of Physical Requirements: Medium to Heavy work.
• Level of Visual Acuity: Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Environmental Conditions: Exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of radiation, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Ability to travel overnight
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.