At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
The Investment Tax Manager II is responsible for leadership on deliverables and services provided to BBH Alternatives tax clients. In this role you will be the main representative for the client and manages tax staff and outside vendor staff responsible for preparing various tax calculations and filings. Additionally, responsible for ensuring that all deliverables are correct and adhere to the tax code and regulations through stringent procedural oversight as well as direct review of workpapers.
- Ensures each task is accurate from a tax technical viewpoint
- Reviews partnership tax provision work papers; Reviews data that supports financial statement preparation and disclosures;
- Reviews analysis of securities held by partnerships; Reviews the calculation of partnership allocations and estimates; Ensures departmental policies and practices are adhered
- Reviews tax returns, their supporting work papers and associated schedules. Reviews work papers and other documents to support other client deliverables and other BBH deliverables.
- Oversees the operations of the department including assignment and monitors departmental progress on various deliverables; Ensures that all deliverable schedules are met in a timely manner with accurate product; Ensures that departmental policies and practices are adhered
- Interprets rulings and regulations and establishes their effect on our clients’ funds and their shareholders.
- Manages the status reporting for management review process
- Identifies and manage process improvement and tax automation projects
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 + years of relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to work with people and facilitate the smooth workflow between Investment Tax and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong client service skills, team attitude and attention to detail
- Strong supervisory skills with the ability to prioritize
- Understanding of partnership tax related tax code sections such as (700 code sections including 704c, financial instrument code sections 756 and wash sale code section 1091) forms and elections, and tax adjustments of securities
- Demonstrate technical expertise in taxation of investment partnerships
- Ability to conceptualize and execute projects and initiatives through to completion
- Creative problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify, recommend, and implement solutions for tax related client issues