Investment Strategist for Endowments & Foundations
Location:Philadelphia, PA# of openings:1
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) for Endowments and Foundations, the Investment Strategist will develop, implement and explicate investment programs for E&F clients.
- Develop and implement investment programs for E&F clients.
- Responsible for construction and oversight of diversified investment portfolios using a variety of investment strategies and vehicles.
- Participate in manager selection and monitoring.
- Participate in client meetings to explain investment strategy and results.
- Serve as Portfolio Manager for selected E&F accounts.
- Develop customized investment programs for larger accounts.
- Participate in business development activities to build Glenmede’s E&F Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) business.
- Represent Glenmede’s E&F OCIO business at conferences and other events.
- Work with Glenmede’s Manager Research, Investment Strategy, and Private Equity teams on selected projects.
- Assist the CIO in managing two multi-manager hedge fund vehicles.
- Assist the CIO in managing the portfolio of a large private foundation.
- Other duties as required.
- Position requires travel, estimated to be 10-20% depending on business need.
- Advanced degree or CFA Charter required.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant investment experience required; longer experience in an E&F setting preferred.
- Experience in manager selection (preferred but not required).
- Experience investing in multiple asset classes including alternatives (preferred but not required).
- Ability to communicate complex investment and market concepts in a clear, concise manner.
Glenmede is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Glenmede is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Glenmede are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history (including pregnancy) or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Glenmede will not tolerate discrimination or harassment basedon any of these characteristics.