As an Investment Specialist, you will focus on developing new wealth management business relationships as well as cross selling and up-selling to existing clients in the assigned market area.
You will be responsible for ensuring investment portfolio growth, revenue generation and meeting defined goals, through an exclusive focus on establishing business development opportunities with prospects and clients.
You will also be responsible for driving investment sales and netting new client acquisition through a financial planning framework while developing relationships within the community.
- Promote the development and sustainable growth of proprietary investment business in the assigned market area by:
- Developing and implementing a structured business development strategy according to agreed-upon growth objectives
- Developing strategic sales plans for prospects and existing clients
- Conducting outbound communications and cold-calling to prospects to remain top-of-mind for future business opportunities
- Providing clients with an initial review of their existing financial plan or creating a new financial plan
- Conducting complimentary needs analysis across several financial statements, including competitor statements
- Conducting market research to understand market trends
- Building and maintaining a market profile in the assigned market area
- Participating in local professional and community events and associations to develop and expand your network
- Identifying opportunities to deliver community information sessions and financial seminars to grow prospects
- Networking with investment industry specialists while managing a small budget for independent marketing-based activities
- Identifying additional investment business development opportunities and facilitating the implementation of an investment solution and/or referral to the appropriate Wealth Management partners
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing to one-on-one touch bases and meetings with team members
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Business or related field
- Financial Planning Designation (PFP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Mutual Fund License
- 3+ years of investment salesexperience and financial planning
- Proven networking, client acquisition and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of practical sales techniques and prospecting
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as a self-motivated entrepreneur with minimal supervision and also as part of a larger team
- Extensive knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, economic conditions, and the regulatory environment
- An understanding of the Brokerage / Wealth Management and Online Brokerage environments
- A valid driver's license and access to a vehicle, in order to travel to meet clients and prospects within the designated district
- Second language an asset depending on target markets.
Requisition ID: 10072.