- Foster a culture of risk awareness by helping equityportfolio management teams use formal quantitativerisk techniques to inform their portfolioconstruction and risk management processes.
- Provide coaching and feedback to investment managers on the basis of scientific analysis of their trading activity and investment performance.
- Identify, research, and highlight significant investment trends and major risks across our equityinvestment platform.
- Participate in the development of new and differentiated analytics.
- Act as a coach and mentor for the analysts on the team, help define their goals, find development opportunities.
- Contribute to the strategic vision of the Global Risk and Analytics team.
- Represent the Wellington investmentrisk function at due diligence meetings, seminars, and research forums.
The role entails extensive interaction with equityportfolio managers and requires building strong collaborative relationships with equityinvestment teams and line management. The successful candidate will establish credibility through technical skill and stature in risk management and create a shared vision of the benefits of risk-aware decision making.
The role requires a strong knowledge of equityrisk analytics gained from significant experience in institutional investment management context. Experience with product management, equity investing, and derivatives would be considered a plus. The individual should possess the ability to recognize broad investment trends, determine the riskimplications beyond the individual portfolio level, and communicate the resulting risks across our various investment platforms.
This person will interact closely with the investment teams, product management, and senior management, and will need to possess excellent written and oral communication skills. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a strong analytical and systems background with an ability to learn new applications and create leading edge risk evaluation techniques.
The ideal candidate will have a solid analytical foundation and domain expertise in equityrisk measurement. The candidate should possess analytical curiosity, strong organizational skills, passion for investing, be motivated by a team environment, and have the ability to learn about new analytical applications and investment products. Experience with a risk management platform such as Factset, BARRA, RiskMetrics, Aladdin, or a proprietary system required.
- 7+ years of experience in portfolio analysis, data analysis, risk management, and/or risk systems
- Strong academic track record; accounting, economics, mathematics or finance major preferred
- Experience with Factset, BARRA, RiskMetrics, eVestment Alliance, otherdatabases and/or data visualization tools considered a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, meet deadlines and deliver high quality, error-free work in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of portfolioconstruction, risk analytics, and investments
- Capable of leading independent projects without supervision
- Thoroughness and attention to detail are essential traits
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- While not an absolute requirement, the successful candidate will likely hold an MBA, MFE, or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline