Wellington Funds Group (“WFG”) sponsors and oversees funds across equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies, offered to Wellington Management clients across the globe. The group is responsible for overseeing all aspects of these funds, including fund governance, product development, risk management, marketing, operations, and servicing of fund investors. Within WFG, the risk group’s mission is to ensure each of our funds is managed in line with our clients’ and regulators’ investment expectations. The Investment Risk Analyst will collaborate with WFG colleagues, product management, investment risk, and IT professionals to define baseline risk monitoring expectations across all WFG product types encompassing oversight of performance, investment exposure, liquidity, counterparty, and otherinvestment-related risks, build an effective ongoing monitoring platform, and identify and help resolve risk issues across the funds.
Important success factors for the Investment Risk Analyst include a broad understanding of and a strong interest in asset management across all asset classes; a solid understanding of technology including database structures and visualization tools; sound business judgment; knowing when to act independently and when to seek a broader audience; project management skills with an emphasis on IT projects; and strong analytical ability. The Investment Risk Analyst will be expected to establish collaborative working relationships with all levels of management within WFG and other functional groups at Wellington Management, including Product Management, Investment Strategy & Risk, and Information Technology.
This Boston-based position will work alongside, and report directly to, WFG’s Director of Risk Management.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in portfolio management, risk management, or product management
- Proficient understanding of financial markets, asset classes, security attributes, and fund operations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical ability to manipulate data for decision-making purposes, and solid working knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau or Spotfire
- Highly organized, with a demonstrated proficiency to manage, prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to both work independently, and partner effectively with others, to develop relationships across the organization, and to motivate others to action amongst competing priorities
- Creativity, thoroughness, attention to detail, and high energy
- A CFA and/or MBA is preferred
- Strong fit with the firm’s cultural tenets of inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, and collegiality