Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.8 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through 8,700 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM), manages about $500bn client assets across a broad array of investment options in all major asset classes with active fundamental and systematic strategies. The firm has been investing heavily in broadening out the product platform and investment capabilities to serve its expanding global client base.
This position is responsible for the leadership of the US Product Construction and Management team within Wells Fargo Asset Management. The team is responsible for vehicle development for the Wells Fargo Funds, development and management of Wells Fargo Asset Management’s retail separately managed account offerings and institutional vehicles including collective funds. This group has a significant impact on the organization profitability and success by leading construction efforts designed to keep our product set and capabilities at the forefront of the industry.
This individual will have a blend of business and investment skills, with strong working knowledge of competitive forces in the mutual fund, SMA and CTF industry. This includes knowledge of the industry distribution dynamics, including an understanding of substitute products, and know-how to operationalize the ideas.
The group will have specific responsibility for translating product development initiatives into specific designs and action plans for the various product lines. The proposals generated by this individual will be reviewed by various Sales, Product, Compliance, Risk and Investment executives in the firm.
- Manage US Product Construction and Management team
- Design and implement a framework for decision making, communications and reporting of all vehicle development initiatives
- Lead vehicle development planning and prioritization activities, business case creation and approval processes.
- Communicate and present initiatives to WFAM senior leadership and WFAF Board of Trustees Leadership
- Lead and manage complex initiatives requiring participation of cross-functional groups.
- Attract, develop and retain key talent with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Create an environment that promotes continuous learning and development.
- Collaborate with senior leader and executive partners and their teams to ensure delivery of WFAM objectives.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of management and team members across the group/enterprise.
- Influence senior leader decision making and successfully negotiate critical issues resolution related to initiatives.
- Actively participate in senior leadership and team forums, with the objective of contributing to bottom line targets and results.
- 10+ years of investment product development experience
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze financial metrics
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of investment product development experience. 4+ years people management experience
- 10+ years investment product development experience could include contributing to the design of investment products.
- A track record of performing critical analyses of the investment industry landscape and competitive intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute upon strategic plans.
- Proven success in directly managing cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate risk and the related impact to the organization and enterprise.
- Proven experience in facilitating executive reviews and decision making issues resolution related to initiatives
- Ability to effectively utilize interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in team member talent recruitment and retention.
- Ability to travel domestically as well as work across multiple time zones and geographies.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- MBA degree
- Experience interacting with an independent Board of Trustees or investment committees