AssetMark is a leading strategic provider of innovative investment and consulting solutions serving independent financial advisors. We provide investment, relationship and practice management solutions that advisors use in helping clients achieve wealth, independence and purpose.
If you are searching for a company that will recognize your ability to manage performance, attribution and risk across a broad suite of investment products, then this AssetMark role is just the spot for you! Your proven expertise in performance analysis, combined with direct experience in multi-asset performance attribution is just what we are looking for. This position is designed for the critical thinker who communicates effectively and has experience developing policies and procedures. If you’ve been looking for a high-profile role at a dynamic company where your dedication and talent are appreciated, this position is a compelling next step for your career.
We are open to qualified candidates in Concord, CA, Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Encino, CA and Phoenix, AZ.
- Manage and oversee all investment performance data for use internally and externally, including on Platform and off-Platform data.
- Responsible for the end to end performance review and validation processes from creation to reporting.
- Develop and manage an ongoing performance audit program to ensure accuracy of marketed performance results.
- Identify and resolve issues relating to investment performance data to maintain integrity of the data and its history.
- Maintain and manage retention of records related to performance decisions.
- Partner with the Performance Reporting team and provide guidance and expertise on model account and composite management validation.
- Assist in the performance evaluation of new investment offerings, and/or changes to existing strategies on the AssetMark platform, including Savos and AMRS, and make recommendations for historical performance to be used.
- Collaborate with the Product and Investment Strategies team to assist with the review and presentation of historical performance for new strategists.
- Engage with the Digital team on performance presentations and disclosures in our digital capabilities.
- Assists with resolving performance errors, making recommendations for resolution, and putting in place procedures to limit future errors.
- Chair the Performance Oversight Committee and work closely with Adviser Compliance to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, , including the Marketing Policy.
- Responsible for the Performance Management Application (PMA) database.
- Responsible for external sources and benchmark returns utilized in PMA database .
- Assists in the collection, retention and analysis of data on special projects, including marketing collateral and performance reporting for firms acquired through mergers and acquisitions.
- Act as performance SME in corporate wide projects surrounding management of performance data and improvements to investment performance reporting.
- Remain current on performance related trends, topics and issues, including Advisers Act requirements.
- Oversee performance verification projects.
- Partners with the investment teams to create, standardize and run reports for performance, attribution and risk statistics.
- Reviews performance reports and highlights areas for discussion with the investment teams, including Savos and AMRS.
- Responds to all sales team and adhoc requests and questions surrounding investment performance data.
- Prepare written and oral presentations with recommendations to investment teams and the investment committee as needed.
- Manage all vendor relationships for external data and systems used by the investment teams.
- Reviews benchmarks and investment solutions to ensure proper alignment.
- 5+ years in a performance related role, or in a role with similar responsibilities
- BA or BS degree; designation such as CFA or CIPM strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Ability to think critically and synthesize information for a number of different sources
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Direct experience with equity and multi-asset performance attribution
- GIPS knowledge and experience
- Determining sources of alpha and identifying the factors responsible for these results
- Substantial understanding of all equity and fixed income securities
- Experience with futures and alternative investments