Job ID #: 17097
This position will be working on the collateral management team at PIMCO. The primary focus will assist in the daily margin process; liaise with and oversee back office operations vendor, and other ad hoc projects and responsibilities.
Counterparty risk is an area of intense focus and new ideas at PIMCO, of which the specialist will be an integral part. This function will require daily verbal and written interaction with Portfolio Managers, Risk Management, Legal & Compliance, and Broker/Dealer counterparties.
- Gathering data on counterparty risk and its underlying components from internal systems as well as Broker/Dealer counterparties.
- Identifying key points of contention, and resolving them with little supervision.
- Resolve trade breaks, pricing break issues, and identify points of collapse while ensuring margin requirements and trade confirmations.
- Assist in the reconciliation process to help identify and resolve trade, valuation, and margin call disputes.
- Support projects and initiatives for desk risk management, portfolio managers, and senior managers.
- Pro-actively seek and drive opportunities to improve collateral optimization and increase efficiency.
We are looking for an aggressive individual who possesses 5-8years of experience in the Investment Management Industry. This person must be tenacious about communication and possess an ability to handle heavy Excel data manipulation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Team player with ability to think quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to effectively organize and prioritize activities and perform under strict deadlines.
- A strong understanding of OTC derivatives, exchange traded derivatives, repurchase agreements, TBAs, and equity products is recommended. Successful candidates in this role may see expanded responsibilities within an expanding group at PIMCO.
- Familiarity with ISDA, GMRA, and MSFTA documentation.
- Extensive command of written and verbal communication and understanding of report analysis and generation.
- Strong Excel skills and database knowledge.
- Proficiency in Bloomberg.
- Desire to participate in and lead projects and initiatives that overlap with other operational functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.