This position is responsible for trade settlement, security master processing, daily position reconciliations, and cash management across an array of asset sectors and products. Provides operational, analytical, functional and project support to American Family portfolio managers. Responsibilities include cross-platform trade execution and settlement support, data quality control, updating databases, system maintenance, process improvements and documentation, collateral management and conducting limited research projects. Maintain on-going dialogue with portfolio managers and analysts regarding investment strategy and the investment decision-making process. Coordinates with internal and external investment managers, Performance and Risk Management, Compliance, trading counterparties, Treasury, Accounting, Information Services, Internal Controls, Auditors and AmFam`s custodians to complete work duties. Works effectively in a team environment to meet overall operational goals.Responsibilities:
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated experience in post trade processing and compliance process
- Demonstrated experience interfacing effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated financial services operations experience
- Solid knowledge and understanding of various asset sectors and their data and settlement requirements (Treasuries, Corporates, Municipals, ABS, CMBS, Equities, TBAs, SWAPS, Futures and collateral)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of security master and reference data best practices
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal, Omgeo Alert & Oasys
Additional Job Information:
The Investment Operations Specialist is responsible for trade set-up, capture, settlement, and maintenance, daily reconciliations of securities and cash, cash-management, and collateral management across an array of asset sectors, products, and platforms. Responsibilities also include ensuring data quality control, performing systems maintenance, recognizing and implementing process improvements, and leading the creation and review of process documentation.
A key component of the Investment Operations Specialist role is maintaining an on-going dialogue with portfolio managers and analysts regarding investment strategy and the investment decision-making process. The output of these conversation are actionable initiatives that improve the alignment of Operations' support services with the Front Office's support needs. Coordination with and involvement of relevant parties - internal and external investment managers, the Performance and Risk Management ("PAR") team, Compliance, trading counter parties, AmFam Corporate Treasury, Accounting, Information Services, Internal Controls, Auditors, AmFam`s custodians, and fellow Operations team members – is necessary for the success of these efforts.
Preferred candidates with experience in……
- Performing the operations functions – trade capture, settlement and maintenance for: Fixed Income, Equities, TBA's, Derivatives- IRS, future and credit, Proficiency in derivatives margining process and concepts, Cash management and reconciliation
- 5-to-10 years of recent experience at an insurance investment, asset management, investment banking or similar industry-type firm.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in finance, accounting or a related field
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills – Pivot tables, macro creation, deck creation.
- Project management experience
Preferred traits and skills…….
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Highly collaborative mindset
- Shows considerable business insight and professional maturity
- Operates with a clear understanding of when to act independently and when to escalate for others' involvement
- Holds oneself to high moral and ethical standards
- Honor commitments, assumes responsibility and takes ownership
- Learns from failures and uses these lessons to improve subsequent efforts.
- Recognizes and respects the importance and reasons for adhering to policies and procedures
- Diligently involved with the actions needed to ensure problems are resolved, root causes identified and remediation actions are developed and implemented
- Consistently focuses on highest-priority demands while calmly and effectively tracking and making progress on all initiatives.
- Demonstrates great tenacity to achieve results and skillfully overcome obstacles
- Takes ownership of initiatives and continues to move forward in the face of challenges
- Takes initiative to broaden skills through additional responsibilities and challenging assignments
- Quickly adapts to a diverse array of changing needs, conditions, priorities, or opportunities.
- Continuously looks to improve the efficiency and accuracy of their own function as well as that of the team and the department
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks.
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions.
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position.
- Relocation assistance is available.
- Based on candidate qualifications we are open to hiring at all levels.
Trade and Related Security Master Processing (40%)
- Oversee Trade Support Services to ensure all trade breaks and issues are resolved.
- Perform data quality checks on all SMF
- Performs end of day trade review to ensure all transactions are confirmed.
- Assists Portfolio Managers in working compliance warnings and alerts.
- Assists Portfolio Managers in trade entry when appropriate.
- Assists in collateral management and securities on deposit
Order Management System (OMS) Support (30%)
- Reviews Start of Day processing results to ensure all inputs have processed and are reasonable.
- Perform daily position reconciliation between OMS and Accounting System
- Confirms external manager data has loaded and address any issues.
- Maintains broker, trade routing and standing settlement instructions.
- Coordinate New Account Setup and Account Close/Transfers.
- Coordinates any additions, deletions or changes to user entitlements.
- Identifies middle office standard and ad hoc reporting needs.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining operations procedure documentation.
Cash Management (30%)
- Works with Portfolio Managers to coordinate the transfer of cash between portfolios.
- Monitor cash balances daily for transaction and business needs.
- Enters and authorizes intraday cash transactions.
- Review daily cash reconciliation and apply adjustments.