The Manager of Investment Operations-Transaction Services (Non-Discretionary) will lead the continued growth and development of the firm’s Non-Discretionary Transaction Service team; leveraging deep experience in trade, custody and investment operations across asset classes, vehicle types and jurisdictions, to provide exceptional service to our colleagues and client base. Working closely with various internal teams as well as external investment managers and service providers, the successful candidate will help to drive process efficiencies via a strong control environment, the adept use of data and technology, leveraging of 3rd parties to gain efficiencies and scale, and the continuous development of our people and teams. This position requires deep experience, strong leadership skills, and a strategic mindset.
- Collaborate with Investment Operations leadership and management team to help define and execute upon continued enhancements to the firm’s operating model
- Work closely with the management team to continuously refine processes and controls to further streamline operations via a combination of workflow and technology enhancements
- Manage and oversee Team Leader positions including mentoring and ensuring that teams are run efficiently
- Coordination with Team Leaders to actively manage the transaction queue throughout the day to ensure that transactions are being properly progressed and delivered to clients by deadlines
- Coordination with Team Leaders to oversee daily activity of Transaction Services Non-Discretionary staff including the monitoring of workload, responsiveness, and communication between clients, investment managers, service providers, and internal staff.
- Coordination with Team Leaders to manage the performance of individual team members: effective hiring, detailed oversight of trading activity, relationship building, compliance with policies & procedures:
- Continually monitor compliance and accuracy of staff to the guidelines established for the group; perform spot audits to ensure compliance with procedures.
- Work closely with Human Resources to recruit and interview prospective candidates
- Identify training and mentoring needs for staff and develop solutions that foster learning, professional, and career development.
- Proactively monitor the trading activity of staff and address potential timing or process risks prior to an error occurring
- Conduct performance reviews for staff including determining bonus and compensation or managing staff through performance plans.
- Coordination with Team Leaders to determine and manage the distribution of staff for client assignments, including monitoring each staff member’s workload and complexity of each client.
- Represent the transaction services department with all internal departments including investment teams (GIS), the client services group (CSG), and Error and Risk Reporting and Remediation.
- Drive the development and implementation of ad-hoc projects that enhance the role of staff, controls, technology, quality, and/or improve overall service standards
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and client prospects in onboarding new client business into the team. Review/Approve new client set-up within respective CA applications
- Help navigate client inquires around transaction support and best practices with various fund vehicles.
- Assist clients and internal stakeholders with AML/KYC requirements for transactions
- Attend client prospect, vendor selection, or internal meetings as a representative for Investment Operations and build relationships with investment teams and office leadership to ensure stakeholder needs are being met while protecting the interests of investment operations
- Approximately 7-10 years of industry experience gained via working within asset management, fund administration, custody, etc.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Experience leading operational teams across various locations as well as leading systems enhancement and change initiatives
- Strong experience collaborating across the organization including interfacing with senior leadership, legal and compliance teams, and external clients.