Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the Director will lead the firm’s investment operations team focused on trading, portfolio rebalancing and investment manager implementation. The role ranges from managing a diverse team of traders focused on equity, ETFs, mutual funds and fixed income portfolios, to overseeing a portfolio management team focused on the day-to-day positioning of client accounts. The individual will be responsible for ensuring investment committee decisions are implemented accurately, timely, and efficiently. Further, the Director must communicate and coordinate effectively with multiple other firm departments in planning and executing all portfolio positioning/trades. Though primarily focused on CAPTRUST’s wealth management business, the individual will also have trading oversight on the firm’s defined benefit, endowments, foundations, and other asset pool client base. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable making critical business decisions, able to work autonomously, a natural problem solver, collaborative, highly organized, has deep understanding of trading/portfolio management, and is undeterred by adversity or ambiguity.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Build and lead teams and scale operational processes to meet the challenge of a rapidly growing investment advisory and management business.
- Implement investment strategies across a wide array of portfolio types. Preferably experience with portfolios comprised of individual securities and/or mutual funds/ETFs, separately managed accounts, and the occasional limited partnership or interval fund with liquidity constraints.
- Partner and collaborate with custodians and asset management firms in order to on-board new strategies to the firm, resolve any accessibility issues, as well as proactively coordinate with managers and counterparties on large trades that require advanced notice and thoughtful execution.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal forms to lead the coordination of cross functional teams when implementing investment committee decisions.
- Experienced in monitoring portfolios for drift and deviation; replacing investment managers across portfolios based on research recommendations; building processes to monitor risk and attribution across CAPTRUST’s model portfolios.
- Thorough comprehension of all potential tax ramifications which may result from effecting portfolio transactions in taxable client accounts.
- Responsible for best execution and measurement for trading and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree, with CFA, CFP, or Series 7, 24 strongly preferred
- 10+ years of financial service experience with knowledge of both investments, operations, and trading including management experience
- Proven compliance experience with a Registered Investment Advisor preferred
Highly Desired Qualifications/Skills:
- Proven ability to manage a team of individuals located around the country and make critical decisions in a fast paced and time-sensitive environment with imperfect information, as is often the case with capital markets-focused roles
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Effective and collaborative communication and writing skills, with the ability to customize approach for a variety of audiences ranging from senior executives to junior resources
- Bias for action in times of ambiguity
- Detail oriented and highly organized
Perks and Other Benefits:
5% 401(k) Match
Healthy lifestyle reimbursements
Comprehensive Health Coverage + Healthy Lifestyle Reimbursement