Company DescriptionFifth Third Bank is one of the top-performing banks in the country, with a heritage that spans more than 150 years. We’ve staked our claim on looking at things differently to making banking a Fifth Third Better. This applies to our relationships with customers and employees alike.
We employ about 18,000 people, and what we offer is:
• A chance for employees to build their future, with supportive career development and financial wellness programs.
• An environment where we win together. We celebrate achievement and work collaboratively. We’re also a three-time Gallup Great Workplace honoree.
• An invitation to impact lives in a positive and lasting way. Everything we do is geared toward improving lives. That’s fun and exciting.
It comes down to the fact that Fifth Third is a warm and caring place to with which to grow – as a customer or as a team member.Division DescriptionThe Wealth and Asset Management division puts more than 100 years of experience to work to help individual, business, and institutional clients build and manage their wealth. Better ideas – and better solutions – begin with better listening. Listening to our clients is at the heart of our strategy to help our clients achieve their financial goals.Job DescriptionGENERAL FUNCTION: Accountable for overall production, coaching, training, and developing a team of licensed retail bankers. May handle large book of clients with more complex financial profiles. Accountable for sales of full range of securitiesproducts and achieve targeted securities fee income goals within assigned territory. Design and customize coaching sessions to train bankers on investment strategies and product solutions. Conduct solo and joint appointments with bankers and assist themin efficiently identifying potential clients and providing solutions that align with client needs, financial goals and objectives. Maintain presence within the bank to develop strong relationships and credibility with internal and external clients.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures thatactions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Achieving sales goals while serving the clients' best interests.
* Plan and conduct individual and group coaching sessions with retail bank employees.
* Develop and conduct client meetings to review existing accounts and close sales individually and jointly with licensed bankers.
* Handle daily client needs and problems and prioritize and delegate tasks to resolve.
* Post-appointment follow-up to maintain relationships and develop referrals from existing client base.
* Manage sales planning for self and for team to drive sales, and achieve designated goals, client experience and financial results.
* Maintain comprehensive knowledge of all financial products through self-study, periodicals, and appropriate coursework.
* Ability to delegate tasks and follow-through.
* Prepare necessary internal reports for sales tracking.
* Coordinate and communicate with team on daily basis to insure accurate completion of accountabilities.
* Conduct internal and external seminars to focus on business development and growth.
* Prioritize client needs and introduce services of other Fifth Third Bank employees, i.e. loans, estate planning, deposits.
* Serves as a coach and mentor for licensed bank employees.
* Thoroughly organize, share and prepare licensed bankers with tools and skills needed to be successful.
* Guide and promote progress toward established goals for team.
* Recognize and reward achievement of goals.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
Minimum Skills & ExperienceMINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Prior Brokerage Industry Experience.
* Series 7, 66 (or 63 and 65) and appropriate state required insurance licenses (exception: 7 and 63 in Michigan and Ohio) are required. Variable Annuity license is required.
* Motivated by commission sales, recognition programs, and internal sales competition among co-workers.
* Ability to motivate others in a team environment.
* Ability to transfer knowledge through highly developed coaching and teaching skills, can relay complex products and processes.
* Demonstrated ability to simplify and communicate complex financial concepts.
* Proven experience in building strong internal and external client relationships.
* Highly developed knowledge of the securities business, investment products and financial solutions.
* Highly developed sales and presentation skills.
* Travel required within assigned territory