The Investment Counsellor works with our Private Client solution, focusing on clients with assets in excess of $1 million. They meet with existing clients and the advisors who have referred the clients to our program. The Investment Counsellor uses our standard Investment Policy Questionnaire to determine the appropriate asset allocation for the client, provides economic, market, and portfolio performance reviews with the clients on a regular basis, ensuring ongoing exchange of information takes place as it relates to the client’s total financial picture. The role is part of a broader team of Wealth Planning professionals delivering a holistic investment and wealth planning experience to HNW clients. While the Investment Counsellor will work with referring advisors regarding sales and prospecting, the role also requires an ability to provide a superior service levels to High-Net-Worth Clients and referring advisors. Compensation is comprised of a base salary and bonus.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Meet with approximately 90-120 clients on a regular basis (ranging from quarterly to annually) to review the economy, market conditions, and portfolio performance.
- Determination the appropriate asset allocation(s) for each client and awareness of tax implications related to portfolio construction are key elements
- Build and strengthen relationships with advisors to ensure their satisfaction with the investment solution in our Private Client program
- Work collaboratively with peers who manage the Wealth Planning aspects of the client relationship – client financial analysis, risk management, income management, tax, and wealth transfer
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- University degree in business or related discipline
- It is mandatory to be eligible for licensing by the OSC upon hire as a portfolio manager/advising rep with discretionary authority
- CIM Designation (If not a CFA Charter holder in good standing) and/or,
- CFA Charter or progress towards the CFA Charter
- CFP and CAIA designations are considered an asset
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of industry experience, including experience in a client facing role
- Minimum 3 years of portfolio building experience in an OSC, IIROC, capital markets, or Portfolio Management licensed capacity
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior verbal and written communication in English
- Demonstrated excellence in client service
- Ability to interact effectively with various types of people (advisors, assistants, clients)
- Ability to understand and interpret investment solutions, the markets, the economy and communicate to various audiences
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to travel – there is the possibility of up to 40% travel.