Summary: The Investment Consultant Analyst is an integral part of the Fiduciary Consulting Services team and will work with various team members and other areas of the company to facilitate the delivery of investment consulting services to the Newport’s institutional clients. Fiduciary Consulting Services provides governance and investment support to qualified and non-qualified plan sponsors.
What You Will Do:
- Support the development of client deliverables including investment policy statements, asset allocation studies, investment manager structure and selection analysis, investment performance reports, retirement plan diagnostics and fee analyses.
- Take primary responsibility for these same deliverables in support of senior investment consultants and specific client relationships.
- Develop client-meeting materials with appropriate focus and attention to detail.
- Participate in client meetings, discussions, and delivery of related materials.
- Support multiple assignments from an operational standpoint.
- Set up and maintain investment lineups, facilitates investment changes and provides investment support to various teams across the broader organization.
- Develop, monitors and periodically reviews hedging strategies for the purposes of asset-liability management.
- Formulate target return and risk-based portfolios using internal capital market assumptions and asset allocation tools.
- Conduct peer review of client materials to ensure quality of deliverables.
- Submit and follow-up on trade execution (mutual funds) as directed by consultants and clients.
- Review trade confirmations to confirm trade execution consistent with client instructions.
- Ideal candidates will be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and will be a "self-starter" working continuously under tight deadlines.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Economics or related field from an accredited university
- 5+ years of experience working in a related position
- Attainment of the CFA designation or Master's degree is a plus
- Agreement to pursue regulatory licenses (FINRA Series 6 or 7, 66, etc.)
- Strong MS Office skills including MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat
- travel up to 30%
You are an Ideal Candidate if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in the investment industry developing analysis in support of institutional clients
- Licenses (Series 6 or 7, and 66)
- CFA designation (or passed CFA Level I Exam) or Completed Master’s degree
- In-depth knowledge of retirement plans