This position is located in Bonita Springs, Florida.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working closely with portfolio managers and other partners on the client service team to deliver a consistently high level of proactive client service.
- Understanding and supporting portfolio managers’ workflow, and providing investment-related assistance to other partners (e.g., trust advisors, wealth strategists, etc.).
- Interacting with partners, primarily administratively, on a daily basis to receive and communicate information on all aspects of a client relationship or portfolio.
- Learning how to use proprietary software and systems and providing local support to clients and partners.
- Using various systems and databases to request and retrieve reports, investment research, or portfolio construction information, as desired by portfolio managers or requested by clients.
- Responding to client inquiries for account information and initiating transactions requested by clients and partners.
- Communicating with clients and partners regarding the status of requests and ensuring appropriate actions are taken and appropriate follow-up is provided.
- Researching and resolving account/operational/investment issues or discrepancies (e.g., updating tax cost information for investments).
- Preparing presentation material for meetings with existing and prospective clients.
- Tracking trading activity from entry, through execution to settlement.
- Monitoring current capital structure offers and ensuring that decision deadlines are met.
- Proactively communicating with portfolio managers about bond maturities, cash balances, and other account details.
- Preparing, mailing, tracking, and processing required account related documentation.
- Providing telephone coverage for portfolio managers and other partners and monitoring portfolio managers’ desks in their absence.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- The desire and ability to work closely with a team toward shared goals and objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and organizational skills required to meet deadlines and solve problems.
- Personal computer and system application skills.
- Knowledge of investment products, services, and terminology.
- 1-3 years of investment or personal trust client servicing experience.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $131 billion in banking assets
- $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management