About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This Investment Accountant will provide timely and accurate investment and derivatives data accounting and reporting for the General Account Invested Assets on a Statutory, GAAP, Management, and Tax basis. S/he will be responsible to perform securities research, analysis, and proper accounting treatment of Lincoln Financial Groups (LFG) investment positions to support strategic investment operations and initiatives.
- Collaborates effectively with applicable key stakeholders across the enterprise to facilitate the accurate and timely completion of the investment accounting process for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Communicates identified risks and financial implications to management.
- Ensures completion of responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains investment accounting's internal control system to ensure SOX compliance. Recommends enhancements.
- Prepares & communicates concise & focused technical financial documents, presentations, and communications (memos, fact sheets, collateral materials) which direct the reader to salient points for a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Prepares financial foot note information for SEC, GAAP and statutory reporting.
- Responsible for the daily accounting & reconciliation for several portfolio’s in the Investments sub ledger
- Provides accounting information on fixed income and derivative investments for existing and developing investment strategies for compliance with accounting/reporting regulations to appropriate key stakeholders and investment accounting team members.
- Provides proper investment accounting treatment of General Account Invested Assets under applicable Statutory, GAAP, Management and Tax basis.
- Provides technical research on new and existing general account investments and derivatives.
- Resolves discrepancies and take actions on matters and inquires on General Account Invested Assets from portfolio management and multiple asset managers.
- Supports an effective function for his/her assigned area(s) by identifying risks; researching technical investment accounting issues; and gathering all necessary information.
- Supports the preparation of industry and governmental surveys for area(s) of responsibility.
Education & Experience
- 1 - 3+ Year's of experience in accounting, securities or financialreporting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position.(Required)
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in (Minimum Required) CPA or progression towards a CPA is desired #LI-AY1