Oversees the Investigations Team and conducts investigations into various matters involving guests, team members, vendors and others as directed. Follows up on all security reports requiring further detail or investigation. Assign various tasks to Investigators.
• Oversee and manage the property investigations department and team
• Monitor staffing levels and ensure effective use of labor while delivering required service.
• Monitor department budget and manage P&L statements.
• Manage Human Resources responsibilities to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment;
• Direct or conduct investigations that may involve guests, team members and/or others on the property
• Write reports regarding investigations and follows up on reported incidents; submits to the Operations Manager and Executive Director of Security
• Ensure that there is a follow-up investigation conducted on all incident reports
• Review incident reports and statements written or obtained by Security Personnel or others
• Cooperate and coordinate investigations with outside law enforcement agencies
• Compile various reports regarding number and frequency of incidents
• Serve as custodian for all retained evidential materials and documentation
• Must be able to willing to work various shifts and extended periods of time
• Must be willing to maintain strict confidentiality of various matters being investigated
• Create policies and procedures that are specific to the Investigations Team
• Actively seek out negative trends and advise the Operations manager and Executive Director of Security.
• Responsible for training all Investigators and maintain their training records.
• Actively seek out additional training seminars and events for the Investigators to attend.
• Other job related duties as requested
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related field
• At least five (5) years of investigation or security management experience which includes;
• At least three (3) years of working experience in investigations
• Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
• Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
• Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• MA Gaming License
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Ability to work independently
• Willingness to work more than a conventional shift
• Flexible work schedule
• Must be able to perform in a team environment
• Possess the ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of staff and leadership
• Must have exceptional time management skill
• An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as: Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.