The Inventory-Warehouse Manager will provide materials, equipment and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing and distribution services/controlling inventory; supervising staff.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
A Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience.
A minimum of 5 years' experience in inventory and warehouse operations management.
Supervision, safety management, developing standards, managing processes, surveillance skills, inventory control, reporting skills, analyzing information, equipment maintenance, judgement, multi-mode transportation (parcel, T/L, LTL, air freight, LCL, FCL).
- Maintains receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state and local warehousing, material handling and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned.