Inventory Systems Team Leader
The Inventory Systems Team Leader is responsible for the analyzes of company functions, processes, and activities as it pertains to inventory to improve business applications for the most effective use of investment, materials and people.
This position oversees a team of two Inventory Control Clerks.
Key Results Area Time Utilization
Data Integrity 30%
Process Improvement 20%
Business Systems 25%
Professional Development 5%
Supervision/Team Development 15%
- At least 5 years of combined progressive experience in an Operations and/or Supply Chain role.
- At least 2 years analyzing data in a manufacturing environment and/or inventory control.
- Bachelordegree in Supply Chain, Accounting, or business or related field, required.
- Demonstrated understanding of inventory system functions & familiarity with key performance indicators and root cause analysis.
- Advanced MS Excel user, proficiency with entire Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge and experience with SQL and Oracle JDE, preferred.
- Ability not only to “do” but also to teach, accept feedback, and accept help.
- Ability to prioritize and quickly shift priorities, ability to quickly adapt to dynamic Company needs and process changes.
Highly organized with strong analytical skills, detail oriented.
Key Result Areas and Objectives:
1. Data Integrity
1. Reviews and analyzes information, forecasts, methods, schedules, systems, processes, procedures and initiates improvements to maintain high level of inventory data integrity.
2. Support the preparation and analysis of weekly and monthly reporting of inventory control results and activities including the reconciliations.
3. Audit applications and processes to ensure data integrity, including management and analysis of the inventory synchronization process between the WMS and JDE.
4. Perform data analysis and written audits of returns processes, inventory movement analysis and other procedures.
5. Performs timely ship confirmation and ship error/variance corrections to maintain high level of cash flow.
2. Process Improvement
1. Develop product life cycle management strategies and implement processes that reduce inventory loss for brites, finished goods and materials including product held at offsite locations and FDCs.
2. Analyze existing business processes and logic that impact inventory throughout the Company through personal observation and user interaction.
3. Leads Continuous Improvement efforts resulting in improved efficiency and productivity in Inventory and Warehouse Operations.
4. Drive to standardize processes, methodologies and tools.
3. Business Systems
1. Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business systems.
2. Utilizes available computer systems resources and personnel to carry out analysis to support management's quest for performance improvement.
3. Writes description of business needs, business program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer-based business systems. Works alongside IT Business Analysts to implement improvements.
4. Develop, maintain and evaluate queries and reports from the WMS to supportinventory control activity analysis.
5. Develop new applications and tools as well as ad hoc and refreshable reports to help with root causes analysis or to streamline related processes.
6. Writes description of business needs, business program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer-based business systems.
4. Professional Development
1. Analyze and complete self-improvement activities.
2. Develop and maintain an ongoing knowledge of the business.
3. Develop a strong partnership and facilitate effective communication with all FDC’s
5. Supervision/Team Development
1. Mentor and develop 2 direct reports.
2. Ensure team has skills adequate to meet the needs of the company.
3. Ensure continuous improvement in procedures, controls, workflow and team work between departments.
4. Establish goals, perform regular one-on-one reviews and annual Performance Evaluations
1. Ensures compliance with OSHA requirements, safety regulations and maintains a safe, clean work environment.
Participates and provides support to safety programs and assure all employees participate in safety meetings, programs and complete individual requirements.