Inventory Manager Support Team Lead
Sunik, an Akima Company , successfully integrates all aspects of Facilities and Logistics operations and management into seamless solutions executed with precision and excellence. This includes building and structures maintenance, vehicle equipment operations and maintenance, ground and surface area maintenance, warehouse operations, material management, shipping and receiving, inventory control, plant operations, data management and more-all continuously measured by the most rigorous outcome base performance metrics. The result: our customers maintain continuity of operations under all conditions while being freed to focus on their core mission. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company's profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
Sunik seeks an experienced Inventory Manager Support Team Lead to assist in the transition of SOFSA inventory material into DPAS Warehouse Module.
- Plans, coordinates and implements the transition of SOFSA inventory material into the DPAS Warehouse Module.
- Drafts policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Desk Top Procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Oversees the inventory support team in all technical, administrative and training functions.
- Coordinates with Task Force DPAS on the conversion of SOF legacy supply and/or inventory management applications to DPAS Warehouse, M&U and Material Management modules by supporting the following steps: (1) validate scope of materiel to be converted, (2) validate the item catalog, (3) validate DPAS structure and catalog, (4) validate DPAS due-ins, (5) validate data loads, (6) data validation/reconciliation, and (7) ensure DPAS maintenance with Government approval.
- Oversees warehouse material receiving functions to include but not limited to documenting daily deliveries and shipments to update inventory levels.
- Oversees the accountable record for material and retain inventory balances and document changes in balances per the direction of the government Inventory Manager.
- Oversees physical inventories on material and compare results to the APSR.
- Verifies supporting documentation and data integrity and identify any need for reconciliation of inventory to the APSR.
- Analyzes existing warehouse policies, procedures and internal controls and provide recommendation to the government lead as applicable to obtain and maintain compliance.
- Manages detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels and adjustments.
- Manages, plans and executes team inventories schedules which may include the use of formal, informal, item-by-item, or group inventory methods and using manual or automated inventory systems.
- Analyzes the inventory levels of supplies and raw material to determine shortages and excess material in coordination with the DPAS ICP Team.
- Conducts causative research and analysis associated with daily managing of inventory accepted into DPAS.
- Analyzes inventory optimization to maximize storage capacity and efficiently reduce operating costs leveraging commercial best practices to make recommendations to the government lead.
- Prepares detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels and recommended adjustments.
- Employs the entire Microsoft Office Suite capability to produce manage workload requirements and provide administrative work products.
- Employs matured interpersonal skills, such as action and solution-oriented approach to problem solving, to support DPAS implementation in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Actions the government's intent with little to no direct guidance to achieve objectives.
- Ensure all personnel are current with any APSR required training.
- Bachelor's Degree required in logistics management, supply-chain, or business related field
- Minimum 10 Years of combined experience with DOD or other federal agency in Financial Management, Program Management, IT, Material Management or Logistics
- Minimum 7 years experience as a government warehouse manager
- Minimum 7 years in personnel management of teams larger than twenty
- Minimum 3 years experience in Major Command
- Experienced in demand analysis, stock level management and casusative research.
- DAU or service level trained Logistics or Acquisition Management
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Secret Clearance required on day one of performance