The Inventory Manager has overall responsibility for the management of inventories in support of all NA Appliances initiatives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and enter a Demand Plan into SAP's DP module of APO using statistical and event-based forecasting methods.
- Determine and maintain optimal replenishment planning parameters in SAP/R3; including lead times, safety stocks, and minimum order quantities.
- Execute Purchase Orders in SAP/R3.
- Maintain a material portfolio, tracking the status of all materials.
- Develop monthly and yearly inventory plans as required; including inventory position plans, purchase plans, phase-out and exit plans.
- Lead multi-departmental forecasting meetings, working closely with Sales and Marketing to understand the market/consumer forces influencing the demand for inventory.
- Lead multi-departmental meetings for all events that impact either the sell-in or the sell-through of inventory to customers or consumers respectively.
- Participate in multi-departmental meetings tracking the launch and transition plan for any new material proposed by the Marketing or New Product Development groups.
- Interface with Purchasing and Vendors to resolve supply issues.
- Maintain good order by constant evaluation of inventory and submitting "Obsolescence Write-off" requests as needed.
- Direct the rework and reuse of materials to minimize spend on additional inventory.
- Aggressively look for new methods and procedures to improve demand plan performance.
- Aggressively look for new methods and procedures to improve day-to-day operations within Appliance Supply Chain.
- Develop and maintain data manipulation and analysis skills to be able to respond to ad-hoc requests for information from and to Appliance Supply Chain management.
Education and Experience Profile
Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Production and Operations Management, and at least 5-7 years of progressive experience in Supply Chain. A cross functional background with experiences in Demand Planning, Product Planning, and / or Customer Service is desired. APICS certification is a plus.
Communication skills both written and, especially, verbal are utilized extensively. Must be self-motivated and a skilled problem solver. Candidate must possess strong systems acumen. This role is often required to facilitate problem solutions even outside of the primary responsibilities.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.