$80K — $100K *
• Possesses a well-rounded background in accounting including cost and inventory accounting, cost of sales. Can recognize trends, anticipate issues, and advise management.
• Reviews and analyzes inventory, cost of sales/PPB, etc.
• Performs WIP job close-outs with title analysis to ensure actual costs are accurate and in line with estimates.
• Prepares, understands, and analyzes reserve for obsolescence each month and can communicate reserve requirements effectively to senior management.
• Key participant in the month end closing process.
• Prepares analysis, reconciliations of consigned inventory by consignee and journal entries.
• Records, classifies, and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Possesses a keen understanding of accounting principles focusing on inventory, cost of sales and how they impact financial statements.
• Prepares data in an organized and systematic way to achieve maximum efficiency of workflow.
• Participates in actively improving and supporting processes of accounting and financial reporting.
• Develops methods of enhancing data integrity and improving data controls by assessing processes and making process improvements where necessary.
• Maintains inventory management database.
• Analyzes data and determines reprint candidates and works to determine final quantities.
• Tracks all reprints with Production to ensure deadlines are met.
• Creates reprint P&L to ensure required margins are achieved.
• Reviews all sales reserve requests and monitors daily.
• Reviews daily large order and backorder report and reprints accordingly.
• Assists with other assignments as needed.
• 4-year college degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum five plus years in a similar role.
• Proven experience in accounting for costing of inventory.
• Prior experience with general ledger systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Strong or expert Excel skills specifically: pivot tables, vlookups, and queries. Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively.
• Effective communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong time management skills and ability to adapt to changing needs.
• Ability to work extended hours as needed.
Valid through: 10/28/2021