- Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
- Rewards and recognition for superior performance
- Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
- Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people’s lives
- Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
- Superior employee discounts on Precor and other Amer Sports Corporation brand products
About this role: The IC Supervisor is responsible for maintaining inventory system accuracy data, physical inventories, engineering change notices, and conducting daily cycle counts. This position will support the activities of material movement and the distribution of materials including supervision of the receiving department. The IC Supervisor compiles and maintains Cycle Count and Physical Inventory records and provides analysis of material usage, inventory quantity, product obsolescence, material type, and value of material. This position reports to the Logistics Manager. The position works closely with Purchasing, Customer Support and Shipping, and interacts with Accounting, Engineering, Operations and Production departments.
You will be responsible for:Inventory Management, Inventory Analysis, Change Management, Quality
- Maintains automated inventory control system.
- Plans, coordinates and participate in physical inventory
- Compiles and maintains database of inventory records concerned with ordering, receiving, and storing.
- Compares inventory records against physical count of inventory; makes adjustments to investigate inaccuracies.
- Sets up and conducts cycle counts, in addition to doing inventory tranactions
- Tracks and enters production, shipping and customer services returns for finished goods on a daily basis
- Daily verification of all transactions are required, which will involve verifiying the transactions of other entries
- Reconciles inventory inaccuracies using negative numbers report, no usage/no forecast report, obsolete report, transaction trace hstory, and BOM audits.
- Analyzes inventory levels, production speed and product demand to determine reorder levels which will ensure product availability and minimize inventory cost.
- Administer and manage the "daily" cycle count system
- Use customized cycle count program to calculate, generate items to be counted.
- Coordinate count timeline for multiple count teams
- Assure all areas have completed counts within allotted time frame
- Initiate recounts, as needed, per physical vs system variance results
- Troubleshoot for system related errors
- Report causes for inventory variances. Meet regularly with IC Manager to discuss each inventory discrepancy and to initiate permanent correct action with count team.
- Lead inventory toward 100% accuracy.
- Data entry as needed: (out of house processing of material, scrap/non-conforming material, material pulled from inventory by Engineering or otherinternal groups, received material, shipped and sold material, etc.)
- Analyze, monitor, and report slow moving and/or obsolete material as needed.
- Assist materials team to reduce value and quantity of inventory stored at all materials locations.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts. Make adjustments to computer system per what is counted.
- Ensure all machines are back-flushing and in inventory
- Support the implementation to production of all Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s). This position has input on ECN’s as well as the Precor ECN procedure.
- Monitor ECN effectivity dates and adjust item masters accordingly
- Assure that each new item being created is tagged with a vendor, buyer, and default inventorylocation and reorder point.
- Assure that disposition for each change is indicated and is understood…as well as makes sense to the current operational set-up for production and the materials management process
- Actively pursues continuous improvement and ease of doing business to meet or exceed customer needs and to further overall company goals and objectives.
- Takes action necessary to achieve goals in defect reduction and inventory accuracy improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills
Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job, will be considered.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- BA Degree in Business, Purchasing, Supply Chain, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of buying experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience dealing with international suppliers required.
- Experience working with an MRP system a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with vendors
- Successfully negotiate with vendors
- Ability to read and understand engineering prints and Engineering Change Notices (ECN)
- Ability to anticipate, identify, quantify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Develop strategies, action plans, and metrics to monitor results
- Effectively communicate ideas
- Listen to others and appropriately act on information provided
- Ability to respond quickly (think 'on your feet') - Work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Job Tracking ID: 83022-260809