VF Corporation outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, Dickies® and Smartwool®. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels.
We are looking for a strong Inventory Control Manager to join the leadership team at our Brampton Distribution Centre. This multi-channel site (Wholesale, Retail & E-comm) services ten (10) of VF's top brands including Vans, The North Face, Timberland, Dickies, Kodiak and JanSport.
The Inventory Control Manager plays a key role in leading and managing a very talented team of associates and delivering world-class customer service in a safe and efficient manner. This person will assist the Director Distribution in creating and building a high-performance culture at the Brampton DC where associate engagement is a top priority. The core accountabilities for this role include managing and developing people, sharing information, managing resources, service quality and leadership.
- Lead a team that is comprised of two (2) Inventory Control Specialists and up to 6 associates across two shifts.
- Inspire and motivate our associates to meet and exceed the team's inventory accuracy goals and other key performance indicator (KPI) targets.
- Execute company policies, procedures and programs in a professional, consistent and timely manner
- Plan and conduct regular associate update meetings to share pertinent information as necessary while striving to increase overall associate engagement
- Collaborate with others to help build a culture of continuous improvement within our facility and to drive improved performance across all KPIs
- Coach and develop the Inventory Control/ QC team members on best practices and metrics
- Plan and execute an effective training program to ensure that all leaders and associates understand the importance of maintaining a high level of accuracy with respect to on-hand inventories
- Liaise with other business partners to ensure that we are meeting/exceeding our Inventory and Quality Control performance targets
- Review and monitor the inventory transactions in SAP, DOM and PKMS while ensuring that all 3 systems are kept in balance.
- Plan and execute an effective cycle count program for the facility and report-out results as required
- Review inventory discrepancies to identify root causes and reconcile variances as required.
- Collaborate with Operations Leadership to help address and reduce inventory defects. Shares KPI results with the team to drive greater awareness of trends etc.
- Ensure standard operating procedures (SOP's) for all inventory and quality control related processes are developed, documented and adhered to on a consistent basis.
- Establish controls and standards that help minimize shrink at the facility. Escalate concerns to Director Distribution.
- Partners with our Security Service Provider to understand potential risks and opportunities
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the annual physical inventory in partnership with our Corporate Finance team and Operations
- Plan and execute the quality audit program and report-out results as required. Liaison with key business partners to ensure that all are kept informed on a timely basis
- 5+ years of inventory control related experience within a DC environment
- Degree/diploma in business, supply chain, logistics or engineering is required
- APICS CPIM designation would be considered an asset
- Solid understanding of distribution processes and systems within a multi-channel (wholesale, retail & e-comm) distribution environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff to improve performance and achieve team goals
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Access and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with Manhattan PKMS or SAP would be considered an asset
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize competing priorities and demands
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours including weekends as necessary
- Some travel to the USA may be required to necessitate the training required for this role
What We Offer!
- Group RRSP Plan
- Eligible to participate in the VF Performance Bonus Plan
- Very Competitive Wages & Benefits
- Extended Medical Care Benefits, Dental, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Corporate gym membership program
- Discount on wireless plans
- Amazing discounts from our many brands including; The North Face, Timberland, VANS, Jansport