The Inventory Control Manager has responsibility for Inventory Control Department. This is accomplished through inventory cycle counts, identifying defects, researching and analyzing the root causes of defects, and determining the best way to eliminate future, similar defects. This position reports the General Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead & supervise front-line supervisors and hourly employees in Inventory Control / Quality Assurance operations within the fulfillment center.
- Identify and report on Inventory defects that aid root cause analysis and error proofing which are central to consistent quality improvement
- Review and analyze customer defect data with development of corresponding action plans to reduce defects
- Partner with the senior on-site leadership teams to drive quality at all levels within the Facility.
- Work closely with the other departments within the facility in order to educate and to understand how functions affect the inventory.
- Develop and execute daily, weekly and monthly action plans that improve quality, Inventory accuracy and service.
- Follow up to ensure compliance and consistency of policies and procedures surrounding inventory control and quality.
- Plan and execute cycle counts as required in each area of the facility.
- Identifying and reporting on Inventory defects that aid root cause analysis and error proofing which are central to consistent quality improvement.
- Teaching and influencing managers and associates on the importance of Inventory Control & Quality Assurance.
- Develop, manage and update weekly/monthly metrics.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business
- Minimum Five (5) years of experience in a similar role within warehousing.
- Experience managing within a Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), preferably Manhattan, Foursite and or Exceed.
- Strong analytical, mathematical or data analysis bias.
- Exceptionally technically competent with a proven capacity to become a subject matter expert (SME) within the given role.
- Experience with Lean, Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma tools
- Significant experience in Inventory & Quality Assurance Management, with the proven ability to show improvement in a continually developing environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel (Minimum Intermediate Level) &, Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
- The ability to drive process improvement initiatives.
- Must be flexible in adapting to changing environments
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Lift and move totes up to 50 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the facility and around the area with great frequency; facilities could be over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations.